William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC.
Our mission is to prepare you for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. Rooted in the liberal arts tradition, our students develop an appreciation for life-long learning, a focus on meaningful careers, and skills for ethical citizenship.
- Career & Life SuccessWith a 96% job/graduate school placement rate, our results speak for themselves.
- Innovative AcademicsCurriculum that’s rooted in the liberal arts, but coupled with a modern approach and focus on career placement, you can’t go wrong with WPU. Choose from more than 24 majors, minors, and concentrations.
- Hands-On LearningWPU is ranked in the top 10% nationally for student engagement, according to the National Student Survey for Engagement. With data like that, it’s easy to see our faculty cares.
- Adult & Professional Studies ProgramsLooking to take the next step in your career, but don’t know where to begin? Getting a degree from WPU is a great start.
More WPU At-a-GlanceExplore Our Programs of Study
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1, you get the hands-on learning you need to be successful in both your life and career73%of full-time faculty hold a doctoral degreeTop 10%Nationally for Student Engagement (NSSE)26+majors, minors, and concentrations
- Campus Life
We're an oasis nestled in the corner of a thriving metropolitan area with boundless opportunities for careers and fun10+Intramural Sports400+Students Living On Campus20+Acres of Campus Downtown
- Pacer Athletics
WPU competes for national championships in and out of the classroom. We offer seven different men's and women's NCAA Division III sports180+NCAA Student-Athletes on Campus50+NCAA Athletics Home Games Each Year16Total Men's & Women's NCAA DIII Sports Teams
- Adult Studies Programs
As a professional adult student, you get a flexible array of degree options. Take advantage of online, night, and even Saturday courses6Degrees Offered Online, at Night, or on Saturday$295Per Credit Hour#14Best Online School in NC (Accredited Schools Online)
- Founded in 1857 as Peace Institute
- Affiliated with the Presbyterian Church for more than 150 years
- All students taught by faculty (no teaching assistants)
- Access to classes and library facilities at five local colleges and universities through the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges Consortium
- Study abroad opportunities include short-term faculty-led trips, semester abroad programs and summer programs
- 2016-17 traditional undergraduate enrollment: 56% female/44% male; 46% White, non-Hispanic; 31% Black, non-Hispanic; 11% Unknown, 7% Hispanic; 1% Asian/Pacific Islander; 1% American Indian/Alaska Native; 2% two or more ethnicities; .1% nonresident alien
- 2016-17 adult professional enrollment: 70% female/30% male; 46% White, non-Hispanic; 38% Black, non-Hispanic; 7% Unknown, 5% Hispanic; 2% Asian/Pacific Islander; 1% American Indian/Alaska Native; 2% two or more ethnicities; .4% nonresident alien
“My time at WPU was excellent. I was able to develop not only as a young man but most importantly as a professional. The professors and support staff do a tremendous job of making sure students become connected within the outside community and professional world.”
Christian Gray ’14