- About Raleigh
- Careers at WPU
- Directions and Virtual Tour
- Higher Education Opportunity Act
- Meetings, Conferences, Events
- WPU At A Glance
- Visit WPU
- 2014-15 Arts & Events Schedule
- Season Tickets
- William Peace Theatre
- William Peace University Singers
- Duke Energy Honors Leadership Speaker Series
- Manning Music Series
- WPU Concert & Comedy Series
- Presidential Search
General Institutional Information
Student Body Diversity
In the fall of 2011, total undergraduate enrollment was 657 as reported to IPEDs. Of these, 98.7% were female and 1.3% were male. 21% were Black, non-Hispanic; 1% American Indian/Alaska Native; 3% Asian/Pacific Islander; 4% Hispanic; 46% White, non-Hispanic; 24% Unknown; and 1% Nonresident alien.
Effective Fall 2010 the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires all institutions receiving federal financial aid to "publish," in time for registration, a list of all required and recommended books and other course materials for all classes offered at the institution. This includes all schools - undergraduate, graduate and professional. The items we must display are:
- Book title, including edition
- Book author
- ISBN number
- Retail price
This is an effort to make more transparent the cost of education. Click here to view the textbooks and course materials list.
Information on programs and majors offered, the requirements of those programs, and the faculty teaching in those programs can be found here. Any additional questions from prospective students can be addressed to admissions counselors at 919.508.2214. Enrolled students should contact their advisor.
Transfer of Credit Policies
William Peace University's transfer of credit policies and articulation agreements can be found within the Academic Catalog.
Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
William Peace University has signed the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) with the North Carolina Community College Systems. North Carolina community college students considering transferring to William Peace University may view a list of community college courses and their William Peace University equivalent by downloading the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.
Institutional and Program Accreditation
William Peace University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of William Peace University.
Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
This can be found in the Student Handbook under Information Technologies
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2007 was 65%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2008 was 65%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2009 was 72%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2010 was 60%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2011 was 65%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2012 was 65%
- Retention of first-time, full-time, degree seeking undergraduates for those students entering fall of 2013 was 67%
William Peace University's graduation rates for students entering in 2005 are:
- 4-year graduation rate: 31%
- 5-year graduation rate: 36%
- 6-year graduation rate: 37%
Placement in Employment
Career Services annual report which includes placement information and methodology is filed with the following departments: Office of Student Services, Office of Academic Affairs, every Academic Major Program, and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Disclosures of placement rates for publications are provided to the Office of Communications and Marketing and the Office of Admissions by request. The Career Services web site pages provide a list of selected employment and graduate school attendance by major.
Job Placement Rates
For the Class of 2013, William Peace University had a 97 percent job placement rate for full time, part time and further education. Data was collected 12 months after graduation with nearly 60 percent of graduates responding.
Information on methodology of placement rates is provided to the Office of Communications and Marketing and the Office of Admissions annually. Information given to perspective students and parents at Open Houses and as requested provides the methodology of data collection: i.e., data collected 12 months post-graduation with a response rate of x% if written on all information from Career Services.
William Peace University annually distributes the voter registration form through an exclusive email message to all students. The form can be downloaded electronically and students are instructed to contact the Office of Student Services if they have any questions or require any assistance. In addition, we distribute hard copies of the voter registration form on multiple occasions prior to the voter registration deadline.