Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience. You develop knowledge, skills, and values from direct experiences outside a traditional academic setting.
At WPU, we think it’s important that you broaden your horizons. Sometimes that means pushing you of your comfort zone, but for good reason and one goal in mind – to make you a better overall student. This will better prepare you for graduate school, your next career, and a more purposeful life.
Get Out There and Change the World
- InternshipsWe’re ranked #1 nationally for our internship program. In fact, more than 60% of students report landing jobs directly through their internship experience.
- Mock InterviewsA lot of schools do mock interviews. We just do it better. For example, we go as far as detailing which fork you should use during a lunch interview – and we even practice it with you.
- Study AbroadOur students experience culture and globalization through study-abroad trips in places like Italy, Mexico, Qatar, and much more.
- Student ResearchA lot of institutions don’t allow their undergraduate students to participate in research. Good thing we’re not like other institutions. WPU students travel to participate in forums such as the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), and much more.
- Student ShowcaseStudent Showcase is a conference-style event where our students display their semester research, performances, poetry readings, debates, cross-disciplinary creative projects, and much more.
“I think this internship has prepared me extremely well for my future career because, hopefully it is my future career.”