WPU students learn early on in college that presentation is important. Through Showcase, they learn to communicate, collaborate, and share.
Each spring, William Peace University students take a day off from classes to participate in our annual Showcase, a celebration of the academic year when they share their research presentations, performances, poetry readings, debates, cross-disciplinary creative projects, and much more.
Showcase 2017: Tuesday, April 11th
- 8:30 a.m. – Name tag pick up and continental breakfast, Kenan Lobby
- 9:00 a.m. – Showcase Opening session, Kenan Auditorium
- 9:45 a.m. – Concurrent Session 1, various locations around campus
- 10:55 a.m. – Concurrent Session 2 and Internship Showcase Part 1; various locations around campus
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch on the Lawn
- 1:10 p.m. – Concurrent Session 3 and Internship Showcase Past 2; various locations around campus
- 2:20 p.m. – Concurrent Session 4; various locations around campus
- 3:45 p.m. – Academic Awards Ceremony, Dinwiddie Chapel
- 6:30 p.m. – Sigma Beta Delta Induction Ceremony, Dinwiddie Chapel
- 7:00 p.m. – Showcase After Party, TBD
In 2016, WPU students within the Simulation & Game Design program presented their virtual reality (VR) tour of campus at Showcase. The project was designed over a semester’s time by four senior students.