The global economy moves fast; William Peace University’s Business Administration program is focused on helping you keep pace.
As a Business major, you will earn control of your future by learning the skills valued by today’s business leaders. Whether you want to climb the corporate ladder or run your own business, our curriculum prepares you with the critical thinking and analytical skills needed to compete for exciting careers in business. At WPU, big ideas are exchanged in small classes, where you will learn the latest business theories and have the opportunity to put them into practice with a variety of internships in downtown Raleigh and or at one of Research Triangle’s more than 170 global companies. The curriculum combines core business courses with the unique perspective of how to conduct business on a global scale. You will choose a concentration in Global Business, Marketing, Leadership and Management Studies, and new to our campus – the WPU Sport Management program.
With Research Triangle Park and a thriving business community nearby, WPU and its advisors have professional relationships few can match.
FacultyAssistant Professor of Business AdministrationInstructorAssociate Professor of Business AdministrationDepartment Chair and Professor of Psychology; Department Chair of BusinessDepartment Chair and Professor of Business and Analytics
Business majors learn how to formulate the policies and direct the operations of corporations, nonprofit institutions and government agencies. Business administrators plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the operations of an organization and its major departments and programs.
General managers and top executives hold more than three million jobs in the United States. At WPU, Business majors learn to problem solve and develop interpersonal and organizational skills.
Recent internships include:
- North Carolina Department of Commerce International Trade Division
- WNCN NBC-17
- SAS Institute
- North Carolina Highway Patrol
- Nextaff (Staffing Agency)
- North Carolina Office of Governor, Boards and Commissions Department
- American Red Cross
Recent employment of business majors:
- Operations Analyst, Credit Suisse
- Education/Training Advisor, Global Knowledge
- Staffing Coordinator, IBM
- Financial Sales Representative, Western & Southern Financial Group
- Marketing Assistant, North Carolina Department of Commerce: Division of Tourism
- Loan Officer, State Employees Credit Union
- Relationship Banker, BB&T
- Human Resources Assistant, International Bank of Commerce
Recent graduate schools acceptances:
- East Carolina University, School of Business
- Elon University School of Law