The Communications program at William Peace University will enable you to channel your creativity into a fulfilling career by cultivating your ability to analyze, understand and interact with the world around you.
Are you a lover of language and the written word? Do you think conceptually and enjoy turning ideas into messages? A hallmark of the WPU communication program is the careful blend of theory, skill development and experiential learning designed to provide a comprehensive foundation in the field. Valuable real-world experience is carefully integrated into the curriculum, taking the form of community-based client projects, service learning initiatives and documentary fieldwork to help you develop personally and professionally, and to build important career contacts.
Through your BA in Communication, your skills in innovative thinking and written and oral communication will set you apart in today’s job market. At Peace, we prepare students not just to get jobs but also to create them. Our graduates have gone on to careers in technology, public relations, marketing and social media — carving out their own niches in exciting industries.
Communication and media students study the various ways in which communication serves to inform, persuade, entertain and control. Students also develop technical and professional writing skills, working with deadlines and effective speaking. Graduates go on to work in various careers, including technical writing, public relations, television production and media coordination.
Recent internships include:
- Office of the Governor
- WNCN (NBC-17)
- Time Warner Cable News
- SAS Institute
- Wake Education Partnership
- French West Vaughn (Public Relations Firm)
- Disney World
Recent employment of communication majors:
- Digital Media Specialist, Office of the Governor (NC, Pat McCrory)
- Video Journalist, KWQC TV-6 News
- New Production Assistant, WRAL-TV
- Promotions Writer and Producer, WLFL 22
- Marketing & Events Coordinator, Lulu.com
- Event Planner, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- Events Coordinator, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
Recent graduate school acceptances:
- Elon University, Masters of Arts in Interactive Media
- UNC Charlotte School of Law
- UNC Charlotte Communication Studies
- Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK Masters in Media Studies
- Huron University, London, England, Masters of Marketing