How will you prepare to live and prosper in a world where the future is up to you? WPU offers education for the 21st century. We welcome your interest.
- Fields Of Study
- Core Curriculum
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Support Center
- Career Services
- Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC)
- Course Schedules
- Disability Resources
- Honors Program
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) Rankings
- Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Office of the Registrar
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Course and Final Exam Schedules
- FERPA & Student Records Notice
- Transcript Request
- Commencement Information
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Student Showcase
- Study Abroad Programs
- Summer School
- FAQs - Academics
Every spring, William Peace University students take a day off from classes and participate in the Annual Student Showcase: A Celebration of the Academic Year. This conference style event includes research presentations, performances, poetry readings and debates. Other highlights include student presentations of papers; cross-disciplinary creative projects and much more.
This year's event will be held on Thursday, April 9 from 8:30 a.m. until 8:45 p.m. Theatre and Musical Theatre Showcase will be held in the evening.
There will be research presentations, performances in theatre, poetry readings and debates. Other highlights include student presentations of papers, cross-disciplinary creative projects and much more.
At the end of the day, the Peace Symposium is held in the Library, showcasing student internships.
Lunch will be served on the Main Lawn and is free to students, faculty and staff.
Coffee and Muffins: 8:45 a.m. – 8:55 a.m. Kenan Lobby
Opening Celebrations: 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Kenan Theater
- Opening video presentation
- Welcome from President Townsley & Faculty Moderator, Roger Christman
- “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”
- Welcome from SGA President, Anthony McCue ‘16
Session I: 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Ethics Bowl - (FLOWE 110) Sponsor: Scott McElreath, Ph.D.
- Simulation and Game Design Showcase: – student work & playable games - (PRESSLY 301) Sponsor: Justin Johnson, M.S.
- Women’s Studies Projects: Changing the Lives of Girls and Women Across the Globe - (FLOWE 222) Sponsor: Kayce Meginnis – Payne, Ph.D.
- Graphic Design Portfolio Pitches COM 417 - (FLOWE PRESSLY BREEZEWAY) Sponsor: Neill Prewitt, M.F.A.
- Improv Comedy #1 - (LEGGETT THEATER) Sponsor: Wade Newhouse, Ph.D.
Session II: 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- CHOICES Case Study Competition – (FLOWE 110) Sponsor: The QEP Team
- Garbology – What is your Legacy? HON100 Student Projects – (FLOWE 111) Sponsor: Vincent Melomo, Ph.D.
- Debate – America’s Immigration Debate: President Obama, Congress, and the Politics of Deportation – (LEGGETT THEATRE) Sponsor: Elizabeth Kusko, D.A.
- PRISM Readings – (MAIN PARLOR) Sponsor: Charles Duncan, Ph.D.
- Biology Research Project –– (FLOWE 222) Sponsors: Lisa Bonner, Ph.D.; Patrick Myer, Ph.D. Presenter: Jessica Littleton ‘15
Lunch on Lawn: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Faculty, staff, students and guests are all invited to enjoy lunch on Main lawn and celebrate the day’s festivities while enjoying performances by William Peace University students.
- PEACE Idol Singing Competition and Vocal MasterPEACE
Session III: 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Creating the Documentary – (FLOWE 110) Sponsor: Roger Christman, M.Ed.
- Improv Comedy #2 – (LEGGETT THEATRE) Sponsor: Wade Newhouse, Ph.D.
- Student Teacher Leadership Projects – (FLOWE 215) Sponsors: Nancy Riddell, Ph.D.; Amanda Bock, Ph.D.; Hugh Bradham, M.Ed.; Robin Vincent, M.Ed.
- National Conference of Undergraduate Research (NCUR) – (FLOWE 111) Sponsors: Corinne Andersen, Ph.D.; Betty Witcher, Ph.D.
- Peace Internship Symposium - Lucy Finch Library 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm Sponsors: Barbara Efird, M.Ed.; Kathleen Monroe, M.Ed.
ACADEMIC AWARDS CEREMONY & HONOR SOCIETY INDUCTION
3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Dinwiddie Chapel
- Stop Hunger Now – sponsored by PACT & ODK -- Auxiliary Gym
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Stop Hunger Now – Shift 1
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Stop Hunger Now – Shift 2
BFA Showcase: 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Leggett Theater; Sponsors: Julie Bradley B.A.; Matt Hodge M.F.A.; Michael Santangelo, B.M.; Amy White, M.F.A.