FAQs - Admissions

Where is William Peace University located?
William Peace University is located at 15 East Peace Street in downtown Raleigh, NC, the state's political, educational and cultural center. The State Capitol, Legislative Building, State Library and museums lie within a few blocks of the campus. Such a location also offers unique opportunities for personal enrichment. Numerous concert series, dramatic presentations and other cultural activities in the area complement the William Peace University program. An international airport services several major airlines, which provide transportation to all parts of the United States and foreign countries. Amtrak passenger rail service and a bus service are also available.

How do I apply for Early Entrance?
Students may apply for admission to William Peace University after completion of their junior year of high school if they can provide written evidence of exceptional academic achievement, emotional stability and social maturity. Students who apply for early entrance are required:

  • To have a minimum GPA of "B" (3.0) in high school academic courses.
  • To be ranked in the top 25th percentile of their high school class.
  • To have earned scores of 1100 or higher on standardized tests.
  • To be interviewed on campus by an Admissions Counselor.

How do I apply to William Peace University? 

First-Time, First-Year Students:

  1. William Peace University Admissions Application. Click here to apply online.
  2. Application Fee $35.00.
  3. Official SAT/ACT Scores.
  4. Official High School Transcripts.
  5. Final High School Transcripts (requested after graduation from high school).


  • Essays.
  • Recommendations.
  • Interview with your Admissions Counselor.

Please send all official information to the Office of Admissions:

William Peace University
Office of Admissions
15 East Peace Street
Raleigh, NC 27604

Students Transcript:
The Transcript Request Form should be completed and sent to all institutions you have attended. Please remember to attach the transcript-processing fee, which varies from school to school. Download the Transcript Request Form.

Dean's Evaluation:
The Dean's Evaluation Form must be filled out and returned to the William Peace University Office of Admissions. Please forward this form to the Dean of Students at the last institution attended. Download the Dean's Evaluation Form.

International Student Forms
For international students only, please complete the following forms:

  1. Personal Verification Form
  2. Certificate of Financial Responsibility

What are the SAT and/or ACT guidelines at William Peace University?
William Peace University recognizes there is more to a student than their SAT and ACT scores. Therefore, we take into consideration a balance of grade point average, extracurricular activities, volunteer work and a student's entire high school career.

Is there a GPA requirement for acceptance?
Although we like for students to have a 2.5 GPA or above, we like to take a holistic approach and recognize there are other factors that makes a student great. 

What is my Admissions Counselor looking for during the interview process?
Our Admissions Counselors have a short list of questions regarding your interests, hobbies and community service involvement. They will discuss in brief, the history and traditions at William Peace University, the friendships that are established, NSSE ranking (top 10% supportive campus environment, active and collaborative learning, student and faculty interaction and enriched educational experience), internship possibilities and whether or not we are a good match for you or if you are a good match with us. 

How does William Peace University make an Admissions Decision?
Applications are reviewed individually by Admissions Counselors; decisions are based on the following credentials for first-time, first-year students:

  • GPA in academic high school courses
  • Scholastics Aptitude Test I (SAT) (verbal and math only) or American College Test (ACT) scores course selection
  • Course Selection from High School
  • Rank in High School Class
  • Interview with an Admissions Counselor, if requested by a counselor

Further consideration will be given to an applicant's personal qualifications, co-curricular activities, community involvement and overall potential for success.

Additionally, all applicants are encouraged to schedule an appointment to visit the campus and interview with a member of the admissions staff. In some cases, an interview may be required as part of the application process.

We also review each applicant's high school transcript to evaluate whether the recommended courses have been taken throughout high school.

Recommended Academic Courses:

  • English: 4 units
  • Math (Algebra I, II & Geometry): *3 units
  • Science: 2-3 units
  • Social Science: 2-3 units
  • Foreign Language: 2 units

*Students are encouraged to complete four years of mathematics in high school

What is the application deadline?
William Peace has rolling admissions. 

Can I pay my deposit online?
Yes. Click here to pay your deposit online

Deposits are nonrefundable after May 1 for fall enrollment and December 1 for spring enrollment.

How can I visit the campus?
The Office of Admissions is open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Other times are available by appointment. 

Please contact the Office of Admissions at 919.508.2214 or admissions@peace.edu to schedule a campus visit today. 

One of the best ways to determine if a school is right for you is to make a personal visit to campus. The campus is open for visits throughout the year.

Throughout the year, we host Open Houses, Academic Fairs and Acceptance Day all on campus. At these events students have the opportunity to meet with faculty and staff, tour the campus and learn more about the academic and extra-curricular programs offered at WPU. Click here to view the upcoming admissions events with exact dates and times.

Can't make it to the campus?
There are still plenty of opportunities to meet with our Admissions Counselors on the road. We conduct on-site visitation and acceptance days at local high schools throughout the academic year. 

Am I required to attend orientation before I begin classes?
Yes, all first year and transfer students are required to attend orientation before classes begin. New student orientation programs are provided during the summer, as well as prior to the start of classes, for students entering in August. All students who are new to William Peace University are required to participate in one of the summer advising and registration sessions and the fall orientation program. Dates for these programs will be mailed out during the late spring, after a student has been accepted into WPU. An abbreviated program is provided for any new students entering in January.

When do I register for classes?
Registration for classes will be completed during the required summer orientation programs for those students entering in the fall. For those students entering in the spring, registration will be completed during the abbreviated orientation sessions.

Do I have to live on campus?
Students may be exempt if they are over 21 years of age, married, have dependents or live within a 30-mile radius with their legal guardian. All students who feel they should be exempt from the housing requirement need to fill out the Housing Exemption Form and return it to the Office of Admissions. Students will be considered residents until their exemption forms are received and approved.

Students who plan to live on campus should complete the Housing Application Form and return it to the Office of Admissions. While completing the information, it is important that you are thoughtful and honest in your responses. The Office of Residential Life uses this information for the matching of roommates.

Is William Peace University Accredited?
William Peace University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500) to award baccalaureate degrees.