Your Peace experience doesn’t end when you walk across the stage at Commencement.
Did you know that most alumni associations are ‘dues-paying’ organizations? William Peace University offers an alumni benefits program that is free for your lifetime!
Since no dues are collected, participation in alumni activities and support of The Loyalty Fund, the university’s annual fund, are encouraged and appreciated.
What Are My Options as an Alum?
- Lifetime Alumni Email AccountSign up today to receive your free, lifetime email account as a Peace alum. To request an account, and never have to change your personal email account again, simply email the Office of Engagement and we will process your request within one week thanks to our partners at Google Apps For Education.
- Alumni Weddings & Memorial Services in the James Dinwiddie ChapelAlumni, former students who have attended Peace for at least one semester and current students receive priority rental of Dinwiddie Chapel for weddings. The university will consider requests for weddings of children of alumni and siblings of alumni.
The Chapel may also be rented by families of deceased alumni for celebrations of life. To arrange an alum’s memorial service, contact Visitor Services at 919-508-2044 and complete the online inquiry form below.
- Alumni AwardsWilliam Peace University bestows the Distinguished Alumni Award upon a deserving alum during Homecoming & Family Weekend (reunions). Established in 1960, this award is given to an alumni 35 years of age or older and recognizes alumni for accomplishments in career, community and family. Service may also be included (but is not limited to) service to Peace.
William Peace University also annually bestows the Distinguished Service Award upon a deserving alum. First awarded in 1991, this award is presented to an alum who has willingly and devotedly served Peace.
The Young Alumni Award was established in 1989 to honor those alumni under the age of 35 who have achieved distinction. This may also be presented annually during Homecoming & Family Weekend, reunions or at special events.
- Biltmore Estate DiscountsThis program provides you the opportunity to experience the spectacular beauty of Biltmore Estate at a discounted rate.
- Broadway Series South Ticket DiscountsWilliam Peace University and Broadway Series South have teamed up to offer alumni discounts to special performances of their shows. Use promo code “BSS.”
- Lifetime Career ServicesDid you recently move or have you just graduated? Changing careers and need resume help?
Take advantage of William Peace University’s Career Services and abundant on-line support, including: free resume posting and job listings, personality inventories and skills assessments, and the E-Mentor Network for alumni to network with other alumni; and for students to connect with alumni on career advice and mentoring.
Alumni have full access to the career center. For questions, please contact Career Services.
- Transcript RequestsWilliam Peace University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card.
The fee for transcripts is $10. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site. The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees.
You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
Please allow 5 – 7 business days to process a request for a transcript.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Class Notes/UpdatesSubmissions of personal and career updates are posted in the class notes section of the William Peace University Bulletin (the biannual magazine). Class notes and photos may be submitted through our online service or sent via mail or fax.
By mail, send your updates to:
Office of Advancement
15 E. Peace Street,
Raleigh, NC 27604.
By fax, send them to 919-508-2332.
- Cultural Art PerformancesAlumni are welcome to attend any and all campus cultural arts performances, including the Manning Chamber Music Series with members from the NC Symphony, the William Peace University Singers concerts and events, Holiday Concerts, Broadway Comes to Peace concerts and Student Showcase. Performances are free and open to the public.
William Peace Theatre tickets can be purchased through the box office on their Eventbrite website. Or, call 919-508-2051.
- Raleigh-Area Hotel DiscountsDon’t worry; you’re in good hands. A selection of Raleigh-area hotels offer discounts to guests of WPU!
Book a hotel using your WPU Portal and instantly save 10-55%. Great hotels and no fine print. Save on vacations, business trips, and coming back to campus!
Discount Code: PACERS
- Auto, Life, Home and Renters Insurance DiscountsAlumni of William Peace University can receive great rates on auto, home, life and renters insurance. Check back soon for new information!
- Library Access - Lucy Cooper Finch LibraryAlumni have access to the Lucy Cooper Finch Library during normal business hours. Access to the Archives Room is by request (contact the Office of Engagement to arrange this). Alumni may receive assistance from Library staff, study and perform research in the Library, but books are not allowed to be checked out on loan at this time. Guest access to computers is currently available using guest WIFI if you bring your own device. Computer usage is limited due to current student needs, which take precedence. For use of Library classrooms, please contact the Office of Visitor Services.
- The Pink AlliGet a 15% discount from Peace alumna, Alli Leggett ’01, who is owner of the chic boutique, “The Pink Alli” in Cary, NC. If you are an alum of William Peace University, a faculty or staff member, or a current student, mention Peace when you visit The Pink Alli
- Paul FredrickPaul Fredrick, a menswear company, is offering WPU alumni and friends a 20% discount off of any purchase of $150 or more. Be sure to use WPU code EDU15D at checkout!.
- Print & Electronic PublicationsAs an alum, you will receive a copy of the William Peace University Bulletin, the university’s alumni magazine, twice a year, in addition to other special communications from the university. Provide us your email and receive electronic updates and notifications, including the bi-monthly E-Bulletin newsletter email and other important notifications on concerts, alumni trips and travel.
There is no fee for the subscriptions; however, annual gifts to The Loyalty Fund are appreciated and encouraged to help us defray costs.
To read the latest issues, visit the WPU Bulletin Page on this site.
- Regional Networking EventsWilliam Peace University hosts many reunion and networking events each year, locally and nationwide. Regional, presidential, reunion and donor society events, as well as book clubs and prospective student recruitment events can get you involved with campus.
No matter how near or far you live from campus, you are always invited. Be sure to update your contact information regularly so we can notify you of these fun events.
And, don’t forget to visit our Events Calendar for dates and registration information. Like us on Facebook, link-in with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube. These social networking groups are growing daily and have become a great resource for alumni to keep in touch. Let us know if you’re interested in hosting an event in your area.
- Real Estate DiscountsWilliam Peace University Alumni, faculty and staff receive two discounts at the Elan City Center in downtown Raleigh, directly across from the campus!
- Application Fee Waiver (Save $75 per person!)
- Administrative Fee Waiver (Save $250!)
Simply Contact the Assistant Community Manager, Katie Ross and tell them you’re affiliated with William Peace University and you saw the offered discounts online.
- Rental Car DiscountsWilliam Peace University alumni receive terrific discounts with Enterprise Rent-A-Car that are the same as our faculty and staff rates.
To book online, use corporate code #L53E026.
Local Phone: (919) 833-8788 – if delivery to campus is needed
Alumni need to provide a credit card when booking the rate (DO NOT CHOOSE BILLING).
- Travel Programs & PackagesWilliam Peace University and the Office of Engagement, along with the Alumni Board, sponsors international and domestic travel programs in collaboration with area travel agencies and with William Peace University’s academic affairs department. Alumni have been presented the opportunity to travel to New York City, France, Mexico, Spain, Japan, and many other areas. As travel opportunities arise, Alumni are notified via the E-Bulletin bi-monthly newsletter, our Facebook fan page, and through mailings.
- Casper MattressCasper Mattresses offers a $50 discount for the William Peace family through the code “WilliamPeace50.”
- Test CompanyTest Company