Your time and gifts go far. Help future generations of WPU students by giving back today.
Our past is tied to the present. Today, we must provide an exceptional educational and cultural experience for our students just as we have done throughout our rich history. We must build a vibrant learning environment and we must expose our students to the essential tools and technologies they need to thrive in their careers.
With the help of our outstanding alumni, we can together achieve this. That’s why we encourage you to explore what’s happening on campus, and discover ways you can help give back to Peace, whether it’s through your time or donations.
In This Section
- What is the Loyalty Fund?The Loyalty Fund is William Peace University’s annual fund and is mostly unrestricted money the university receives from donors each year to supplement the operating budget.
- What Does the Loyalty Fund Support?The Loyalty Fund helps fill the gap between tuition/endowment income and operating expenses and can aptly be described as the fountain of support for the campus.
Giving to this fund also supports the more than 30 campus student groups and organizations like the Student Government Association, the President’s Ambassadors, Gamma Sigma Sigma, the WPU Pacers (athletics), the William Peace University Singers, the Campus Activities Board (CAB), William Peace Theatre, and more!
Giving to The Loyalty Fund may also be restricted to current University priorities, including:
- Believe in Peace Fund
- Dinwiddie Chapel Mini-Campaign
- The Pacer Club (Athletics)
- The Performing Arts: Raise the Curtain
- Student Scholarships
- Classroom Technology
- What Are Some Ways I Can Give?
- Maximize your charitable deduction and deliver immediate benefits to William Peace University through an outright gift, made by cash, check, or credit card.
- Long-term, appreciated stocks and securities are almost always an excellent way to provide financial support. They provide a double benefit to you — a current income tax deduction and avoidance of capital gains taxes.
- You can donate gifts of personal property, such as books, artwork, or equipment, while also securing an income tax deduction. Other gifts-in-kind can be gifts of service, gift certificates, etc.
Estate or Planned Gift
- You can include William Peace University in your will or other planned gifts. Planned gifts enable you to preserve your assets during your lifetime and leave a valuable legacy at WPU.
For more details on how to make a specific gift such as the ones listed above, please contact the Office of Advancement.
Why Give to WPU?
“Now, more than ever, as Alumni we need to stay connected, informed, and involved. And, we need to give to The Loyalty Fund’s “Believe in Peace Fund” to support important campus programs, facilities, students, faculty and staff. We are one Peace — no matter the year we graduated. And, the only way we can accomplish our goals as an institution is together.”
Alli Leggett Woolard ’99 ’01
President, Alumni Board