William Peace University’s mission is to prepare students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. And, with students as our main focus, several areas are in need of your support.
- Believe In Peace Mini-Campaign
- Dinwiddie Chapel Mini-Campaign
- The Pacer Club (Athletics)
- The Performing Arts: Raise the Curtain
- Student Scholarships
- Classroom Technology
- Believe In Peace Mini-Campaign“I believe in William Peace University,” President Brian C. Ralph said during his Installation in April 2016. “I believe in our purpose, the work we do, and the difference we make in the lives of students, the City of Raleigh, and the world. I believe in our University’s students, faculty, staff, and alumni. As we write our incredible story, I encourage you – in fact ask you – to join me in believing in this institution; its history, its people, and its future. We are ready to enter a new chapter of growth, vibrancy, and impact; one filled with excitement and transformation.”
During the Installation, he also unveiled the launch of a new Believe In Peace Fund, a subset of the University’s annual fund.
Gifts to the Believe in Peace Fund allow the University to strategically execute the president’s Bridge Plan through 2017 and strengthen Peace for the future by having special unrestricted funds available to implement strategic initiatives developed throughout the campus master planning and strategic planning process.
- Dinwiddie Chapel Mini CampaignThe Peace community wishes to express its gratitude for the many gifts made recently helping us update our beloved James Dinwiddie Chapel. This special sanctuary has been cherished throughout its history by students, faculty, staff and alumni alike.
It was – and still is – in need of love and tender care to maintain its awesome beauty.
So, what else needs to be done?
- The Chapel’s historic 1870 Pomplitz organ, which so many Dinwiddie brides have had played at their weddings, is in need of repair. Three pipes are cracked and can be fixed, but that comes with a rather large price tag. Our goal is to raise $25,000 to repair the pipes and to also provide a fund for future maintenance and restoration so that the organ maintains its original glory.
- The second project is to permanently install a sound system in the Chapel, as many of you have commented how you wished your families had been able to hear your wedding vows throughout the chapel. Our goal for that installation is $10,000, which would allow us to purchase the necessary equipment that would blend into the wall color and at the same time give the entire room the comfort of hearing adequately from any pew during any service or wedding.
We know there are many deserving places which are in need of your support this year, and we hope that you might choose to make Peace a priority. Please consider helping complete these projects with us, so that we may continue to offer a loving and spiritual space for generations to come.
- The Pacer ClubSupport WPU Student athletes and our programs! Founded in 2004, The Pacer Club has supported athletic programs, improved facilities, upgrades for training equipment, and the purchase of new uniforms and sports gear. Funds also provide for athletic awards and help ensure successful prospective student athlete outreach by providing funds for our coaches to travel across the state and region to recruit the best and brightest.
Now is your chance to help our Pacers win the championships of tomorrow. We hope to see you in the stands this season.
- The Performing Arts: Raise the CurtainThe arts are alive! And, if you’ve been in the audience lately, there is a synergy that can’t be denied. With talent blossoming, your help is needed to continue to build on the momentum that is WPU Theatre. Our campaign to Raise The Curtain gives you, the audience, a chance to get in on the act from behind the scenes.
Your gifts directly impacts funding for several projects, including:
- Kenan Auditorium – With proper sound equipment and lighting, this historic venue will continue to provide quality arts entertainment for the Raleigh community. But, we need YOUR support to make it happen!
- Enrichment Programming For Aspiring Artists – William Peace University works throughout the year with guest performers and lecturers, providing opportunities for young and aspiring student artists. At the same time, these guest professionals often perform in free concerts that are open to the community. Help us continue to provide these experiences for our students and to you!
- Scholarship & Travel Funds – William Peace University is dedicated to providing access to education and experiential learning, as we educate students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. Our young actors, singers, dancers and performers often need help financially. Help us provide additional scholarship dollars and fund travel for students in our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre and Bachelor of Arts in Theatre programs, and for additional travel opportunities for our community ambassadors, the William Peace University Singers.
- Student ScholarshipsWilliam Peace University is dedicated to ensuring access to the highest quality education. Throughout the year, the Office of Engagement works with the community to raise funds for WPU Scholarships and Awards, in addition to existing endowments.
Students can lower their college debt by applying for scholarships and awards to help pay for college. At WPU, qualified students are awarded renewable Merit Scholarships from $2,000 to $15,000 every year. Scholarships are awarded based on weighted cumulative grade point average and the highest combined critical reading and math SAT/ACT scores.
Additionally, William Peace University offers annual scholarships in the performing arts, student service, leadership and more.
- Classroom Technology InitiativeWilliam Peace University faculty are spear-heading an initiative to raise funds for classroom technology.
Their goal is to be sure every classroom on campus has new multi-media technology and/or upgrades. From interactive white boards, to multi-media projectors with enhanced sound, to virtual technology equipment for online classes, faculty are calling for your support.
This initiative will support improvements in student learning and scholarship.