The Heritage Society
Leave Your Legacy at William Peace University
The Heritage Society recognizes and honors those who have provided for the future of the university in their estate plans or other form of planned gift. Planned gifts have a lasting impact on the university and its students, give flexibility in planning your estate and allow you to create a legacy for the future.
Memberhsip in the Society is a reflection of the highest values and commitment to William Peace University's continued educational excellence. We invite you to join this special community of donors by making a planned gift and becoming a member of the Heritage Society today.
William Peace University will work with you and your financial advisors to choose the planned gift that is best for you and your family.
Sample planned gifts include:
- Bequest in your Will (Click here for suggested language.)
- Designation in a Revocable Living Trust
- Life Income Gift (charitable gift annuities or charitable trusts)
- Life Insurance Gift
- Gift of IRA or other retirement assets
- Gift of real estate or retained life estate
- Gift of tangible personal property
You can find out more about types of planned gifts here.
Gifts may be designated as follows:
- Unrestricted Endowment -- Allow William Peace University to use the funds where they are needed most by establishing an unrestricted endowment fund. A fund of this type may be named for a loved one or favorite professor with a gift of as little as $25,000. Increase your gift to $50,000 or more and you can collaborate with university representatives in designing specific fund parameters.
- Restricted Endowment -- Specify an area of the university that you wish to sustain such as academic program support, research or creativity funds, cross-cultural funds, scholarships, etc. A fund of this type may also be named for a loved one or favorite professor with a gift of as little as $25,000. Endowed funds generate earnings each year, ensuring the University can continue to attract high-caliber faculty and students, enhance scholarship aid and fund other campus initiatives that continue to make a Peace education distinctive. Increase your gift to $50,000 or more and you can collaborate with university representatives in designing specific fund parameters.
- A Current Gift -- This type of gift enhances programs within the current fiscal year. Current fund gifts may be restricted or unrestricted.
Becoming a member of the Heritage Society is simple. Notify us in writing that William Peace University is part of your estate plans, and you are automatically a member.
Disclosure of the specifics of your plan is greatly appreciated, but not required. When you inform us of your gift, we respect your wishes for Heritage Society participation, recognition or anonymity, as you prefer. All communication is completely confidential. But, please let us know of your plans so we can thank you and express to you the importance of your gift to Peace's future.
To learn more about the Heritage Society or to make a gift, contact: Julie E. Ricciardi, Vice President for the Office of Engagement, at 919.508-2043 or Julie.Ricciardi@peace.edu.