Class Reunion Giving
Stay Informed. Stay Involved. Stay Connected.
Your success as a Peace student is our mission. As alumni, we need your support to help us continue to provide top-notch academics and experiences for today's student. Your loyalty and support will help us continue to educate students and prepare them for lifelong learning, meaningful careers, and ethical lives of purpose.
Alumni Giving Participation
Every gift--regardless of size--counts toward your Class participation and helps support Peace studens, our academic programs, athletics and more.
Five reasons why you should participate:
- Gifts to Peace provide support for student organizations and clubs like the Student Government Association, Gamma Sigma Sigma (a service organization), the William Peace University Singers and more. These gifts help us provide today's student with some of the same traditions and experiences you may have had as a student.
- Gifts to Peace support Pacer athletics and provide uniforms, equipment, travel and more.
- Gifts to Peace support the performing arts and help to provide funding to underwrite theatre, musical theatre and other performances.
- Gifts to Peace help support academic programs, materials, curricula and help us bring guest lecturers, speakers and performers to campus.
- Gifts to Peace can also help you honor your reunion year, a classmate or former professor. Simply make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one by giving to The Loyalty Fund.
Alumnae participation rates are widely regarded as evidence of a graduate's satisfaction and the university's stature. This rate is important to foundations and corporations, so when Peace applies for funding, low participation rates can negatively affect our ability to be funded for new scholarships, capital projects or new programs.
When you make your gift, you can help influence the university's reputation and express that your Peace experience was meaningful.
Reunion Class Giving
The reunion gift is a special commitment above and beyond your annual support. To commemorate a reunion, alumni may choose to make a significant gift or multi-year pledge to The Loyalty Fund.
What counts as a reunion gift?
- The reunion gift is simply a contribution to The Loyalty Fund in honor of your reunion year. This can include various types of gifts: current capital or endowment gifts, or planned (estate) gifts. We encourage all alumni to donate to The Loyalty Fund each year because participation is so important to the success of William Peace University.
What is the difference between an annual gift to Peace and a capital gift?
- Annual gifts to Peace go into a fund much like a checking account. At Peace we call this fund The Loyalty Fund. The money goes toward a wide variety of immediate needs at the universsity, like funding student organizations, travel for arts and athletic groups, technology and laboratory equipment, and the like.
- All other contributions to Peace are either capital or endowment gifts. Capital gifts may be designated to your specific facility interest (bricks and mortar campaigns, facilities improvements or maintenance). Endowment gifts may be given to support existing endowments, or create your own. Some examples of endowment gifts include contributions to: scholarships, curriculum expansion, athletic teams, fine arts programming. Capital gifts may include enhancing our physical campus or specific buildings, rooms, or spaces.
- It is important to note that both annual and capital gifts count toward your class reunion gift total.
I have Peace in my will. Can I get reunion gift credit for that?
- All bequests in wills and any other estate plan that includes William Peace University will make you eligible to be a member of The Heritage Society. Help your class have the largest class enrollment in The Heritage Society and help strengthen Peace for the future. For those less than 75 years of age, there isn't a specific dollar amount that can count toward your class giving total. If you are age 75 or more, and document the approximate dollar value of your bequest, that amount can count toward your class giving total.
I'm retired and need all my income. Are there ways to make gifts other than simply writing a check or using my credit card?
- Yes. You may make a gift of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) or property. Until December 31, 2012, there is a special opportunity for those at least 70-1/2 years of age to make outright gifts from required IRA distributions.
- There are also ways to make gifts for Peace's future while you, and possibly a family member, receive income for the rest of your life or for a term of years. Ask us about tax benefits and further information for making such gifts.
I'm a young alum and I'm not able to give a lot. Does my gift matter?
- YES! Every dollar is important and every donor counts. And, you may be able to take advantage of a matching gift program through you or your spouse's employer. Participation rates represent how Peace alumni feel about their alma mater and helps Peace attract corporate and foundation grants and recognition in national publications. Further, it strengthens your Peace diploma.
Where can I go for more information on giving?
- Contact the Office of Engagement at 919.508.2043, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we'll be glad to answer any questions. Or, email us at Engagement@peace.edu.