Manning Music Series Concert: Steve Elmer Jazz Trio Performs
Mon Sep 8th, 2014
07:30 p.m. - 09:00 p.m.
William Peace University kicks off the 2014-15 Manning Music Concert Series with a performance by the Steve Elmer Jazz Trio, live from New York City, on Monday, Sept. 8 at 7:30 p.m. in Kenan Hall.
The Steve Elmer Trio features Steve Elmer (piano), Don Gladstone (bass), and Bobby Cohen (drums) playing jazz standards and original compositions.
Admission is FREE and OPEN to the PUBLIC, but RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
The Manning Music Concert Series is made possible through a gift made by alumna Sara Jo Allen Manning '58 '60 and the Manning Music Series Fund. For the 2014-15 performing arts season, the Manning Series will include 5 free concerts ranging from jazz, classical and contemporary to Broadway performances.
The concerts this year include:
- Monday, Oct. 20, 2014 featuring Broadway musicians Carolann Sanita and Lauren Kennedy, Visiting Professor of Music Theatre, in a "Broadway Comes to Peace" concert.*
- Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 featuring North Carolina musicians.
- Monday, Jan. 12, 2015 featuring North Carolina musicians.
- Monday, Apr. 6, 2015 featuring North Carolina musicians, alongside vocalists from the William Peace University Singers and within the Bachelor of Fine Arts major.
* Note, the Broadway Comes to Peace concert is $10 for adults; $5 for students. All other Manning Series Concerts are free and open to the public with reservations required for general admission reserved seating.
William Peace University is pleased to partner once again this year with the North Carolina Symphony.