Men's Basketball Guilford College Invitational
at Guilford College (Away Game)
Fri Nov 16th, 2012 - Sat Nov 17th, 2012
Friday 06:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 01:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.
Come watch the Pacers dominate the court during the Guilford College Invitational!
Friday, November 16th at 6:00pm: WPU Pacers vs. the Johnson & Wales Wildcats
Friday, November 16th at 8:00pm: Southern Virginia Knights vs. Guilford Quakers
Saturday, November 17th at 1:00pm: Conselation Game
Saturday November 17th at 3:00pm: Championship Game
DID YA KNOW?
- In the first inter-college match, the School of Agriculture from the University of Minnesota defeated Hamline School of Hamline University.
- The first basketball game was held on 20th January, 1892.
- The court was half the size of courts used at today's the NBA League games. Only one point was scored in the whole match.
- The audience who watched the game from the balcony used to interfere by handling the ball. The backboard that was later incorporated behind the net prevented any such interferences by the audience.
- James Naismith is the man credited with inventing basketball in 1891.
- 9 million basketballs are sold each year. That's enough for every person in the state of New Jersey.