- a prospective student
- a current student
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Support Center
- Career Services
- Check My Email
- Dining Services
- Financial Aid
- Wellness Center
- Public Safety
- Student Accounts
- Payment Options and Due Dates
- Make a Payment on Account
- Enroll in a Payment Plan
- Refund Policy
- Tuition Insurance Plan
- Purchase a Parking Decal
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- FAQs - Student Accounts
- FAQs - PacerCard
- Electronic Refund Checks
- Student Health Insurance Information
- Waive Student Health Insurance
- Student Handbook
- an alumni or friend
- a parent
- About Raleigh
- Admissions and Financial Aid
- Directions and Virtual Tour
- PacerAlerts & Emergency Notification System
- Student Accounts
- Student Life
- Wellness Center
What is the PacerCard?
The Pacer Card is the new William Peace University ID card. It’s your campus ID that is also a Fifth Third Bank Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard®.
Card functions include the following:
- Photo ID
- Library card
- Select residence hall access
- Meal plans and Dining Bucks
- ATM withdrawals (1)
- MasterCard debit card transactions (1)
How do I set up and activate the Prepaid MasterCard functionality of my Pacer Card?
To set up the Prepaid MasterCard® functionality of you Pacer Card you will need to meet with a Fifth Third Bank representative. This could be at a campus event or at any branch. The representative will create your bank profile and connect the Prepaid MasterCard. Once you have set up your Pacer Card with the bank you will need to call 1-866-452-8484 and follow the prompts to activate the card. You will select a PIN at that time.
Is there a monthly charge for activating my Prepaid MasterCard®?
No. There is no monthly service charge if you choose to activate the Prepaid MasterCard.
Is there a charge to use my PacerCard at a Fifth Third Bank ATM?
No. There are no service charges to make withdrawals with your Pacer Card at Fifth Third Bank ATMs. And, better yet, there is a Fifth Third Bank ATM on campus!
Can I use my PacerCard at a non-Fifth Third Bank ATM?
Yes. Your Pacer Card can be used at any ATM. You will incur a $2 fee from Fifth Third Bank to use another bank’s ATM. In addition, for any non-Fifth Third Bank transactions, the owner of the ATM may charge a fee as well.
Where can I use my Pacer Card for purchases?
Once the Prepaid MasterCard® portion of your Pacer Card is activated, your card can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, even online.
Can my PacerCard be used as a credit card?
No. The card can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted for debit transactions. Only funds loaded to the card can be used for purchases. If there are no funds available, the transaction will be declined. There is no line of credit attached to this card.
Can I use my PacerCard to spend surpluses from my student account?
No. Your Pacer Card is not directly linked to your account on campus. However, you may elect to direct deposit any refunds due from your student account to your Prepaid MasterCard®. To have student account refunds issued to your MasterCard® Debit, lo into http://mypacernet.peace.edu, and click on “WebAdvisor for Students”, “Financial Information”, and “Bank Information (U.S.)”. Input the account and routing number provided when you first set up the prepaid debit card functionality with Fifth Third. Note this is not the number on the front of the card.
How do I check the balance of the Pacer Card MasterCard® Debit?
You can check your balance in the following ways:
- Through a balance inquiry at a Fifth-Third ATM
- By using the Fifth Third Mobile Banking App (3)
- By logging onto Fifth Third's Internet Banking (5)
- By calling 1-866-452-8484 and pressing the balance inquiry prompt
- By setting up a mobile text alert (3)
- By inquiry at a Fifth Third Financial Center
- By texting BAL to 5353532
Will William Peace University have the ability to view my spending history or account balance using the PacerCard?
No. Your account information is confidential, and Fifth Third Bank takes necessary steps to ensure your account information is protected.
Where can I use my PacerCard for purchases?
Once activated, your Pacer Card can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, even online.
What should I do if my PacerCard is lost or stolen?
If lost or stolen, follow the campus process for reporting lost/stolen IDs and call Fifth Third Bank at 1-866-452-8484 to have the card blocked. Also, contact WPU Public Safety at 919.833.2277. After you receive your replacement Pacer Card from the University, contact Fifth Third to activate your new card and to transfer any remaining funds.
Does William Peace University share my personal information with Fifth Third Bank?
No. Fifth Third Bank receives no personal information from William Peace University.
What should I do if my Pacer Card is lost or stolen?
If lost or stolen, follow the campus process for reporting lost/stolen IDs by contacting WPU Public Safety at 919-833-2277. Also, call Fifth Third Bank at 1-866-452-8484 to have the card blocked. After you receive your replacement Pacer Card from the University, contact Fifth Third to activate your new card and to transfer any remaining funds.
If I am under 18 years of age, do I have to have an adult on the Prepaid MasterCard account with me?
Yes. If you are under the age of 18, Fifth Third Bank does require that you have a parent or guardian as a joint owner on the Prepaid MasterCard® account. You will need to open your Prepaid MasterCard® by visiting one of our several banking centers in Raleigh. The closest branch to campus is 2501 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 150, Raleigh, NC 27067.
How can I load money onto my Prepaid MasterCard?
- ACH deposit
- Direct deposit
- Cash deposit at any Fifth Third banking center
- Check deposit at any Fifth Third banking center
- Transfer from Fifth Third checking or savings account at banking center, if available (2)
- Transfer from Fifth Third checking or savings account via mobile or Internet Banking, if available (3)(5)
- Load funds via the MasterCard® rePower™ network at participating Western Union and Green Dot locations (4)
How can family members load money onto my Prepaid MasterCard®?
Cardholders may set up the Prepaid MasterCard® as a joint account or have a checking or savings account with joint ownership to help facilitate transfers to the card.
- The debit card number is pre-printed
- Prox Chip added to allow tap access to doors
- Bar code for library tracking
- Card works within the PULSE®, Cirrus®, Presto!® and MasterCard® networks
- The top, black mag stripe is for bank purposes and is programmed like any MasterCard/ATM card
- The bottom, silver stripe is for use at on-campus dining venues and tracks your meal plans and Dining Bucks