- a prospective student
- a current student
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Support Center
- Career Services
- Check My Email
- Dining Services
- Financial Aid
- Health Services and Wellness Center
- Public Safety
- Student Accounts
- Student Handbook
- an alumni or friend
- a parent
- About Raleigh
- Admissions and Financial Aid
- Directions and Virtual Tour
- PacerAlerts & Emergency Notification System
- Student Accounts
- Student Life
Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, one of the South's most vibrant cities, William Peace University offers international students a safe environment to learn. Our campus is within walking distance of the state capitol, courts, world-class museums, five-star restaurants and Raleigh's exciting night life.
WPU's international program is established, offering a diverse educational community with students from Germany, Congo, Vietnam, Peru and more. We also provide individualized support to help with the transition to American life so you can get the most out of your study abroad experience.
To start the application process, check out the steps below.
What you'll need:
- A completed William Peace University Admissions application. Click here to apply online.
- Official transcripts from each school you've attended. Transcripts must be translated into English. William Peace University recommends using World Educational Services.
- Completion of four years of English as a foreign language courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better. This is preferred but not required.
- Completion of the written, computer-based or internet TOEFL exam. William Peace University requires a minimum score of 550 on the written Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL from students whose native language is not English. The submission of a score below the minimum requirement on the TOEFL will be considered when accompanied by an SAT score above 1000 or an ACT score above 22.
- ACT/SAT scores can also be submitted. ACT/SAT scores must be submitted to be considered for scholarship opportunities.
- Photocopy of passport and visa for official verification.
- Completion of the Certificate of Personal Verification Sheet
Upon acceptance, you must submit a completed certificate of financial responsibility covering tuition, room and board, as well as, books and fees for the year. Forms can be accessed here: Certificate of Financial Responsibility .
Please make sure to complete both of these forms in their entirety.
Steps to receiving an F-1 Student Visa:
- Apply and gain acceptance to William Peace University.
- Upon acceptance and verification of financial responsibility, you will be issued an I-20 form from William Peace University.
- After receiving the I-20 form, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. For more information on this fee, please click here.
- Visit an embassy or consulate to obtain the visa and receive any additional information.