- September 30, 2016 Manning Music Series Concert: IBMA Bluegrass Festival FREE CONCERT ON THE LAWN William Peace University invites you to a FREE bluegrass concert on Friday, Sept. 30, 2016 at 4 p.m., featuring The Counterclockwise Stage Band (4 p.m.) and the South Carolina Broadcasters (5 p.m.) on our Main Stage, as part of the World of Bluegrass (International Bluegrass Music Association) festival in Raleigh. This free concert kicks off our 5-concert Manning Music Series and the celebration of the Series' 10th Anniversary. The concert will be performed on the Main Lawn. Free parking in any of our University lots. Registration is required. REGISTER HERE. Bring a picnic, your lawn chairs, or a blanket and enjoy this free bluegrass concert made possible through the Manning Music Series Endowment Fund! Refreshments available. (NOTE: Alcohol is prohibited.) #IBMA #WPU #MANNING10 William Peace University wishes to make every event accessible to all people in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in this event please contact the Office of University Advancement at 919.508.2680. Please make your needs known as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for effective accommodations, preferably at least five business days prior to the event view Event
- October 15, 2016 Open House Our Office of Admissions would like to invite you and your family to take part in one of our Open House Events. This will give you the opportunity to meet students and faculty, tour our beautiful campus, and learn about the excellent education opportunities available at William Peace University. No matter your level of interest, WPU has something for you! After hanging out with us, be sure to tour #OurRaleigh and take advnatage of our amazing downtown location. Grab lunch or coffee over at Seaboard Station, or pop over to the North Carolina Museum of History or the Governor's Mansion. To RSVP for Open House, please click here. view Event
- October 28, 2016 WPU Golf Tournament 2016 Tee It High and Let It Fly! Join local and regional golfers at William Peace University's fall golf tournament on October 28, 2016. Proceeds benefit WPU's Pacer Club (Athletics Dept.). REGISTER HERE Hedingham Golf Club 12:00 p.m. Check-In 1:00 p.m. Shotgun Start $125 entry fee/$400 per team. Tee Sponsorships $100 per hole Tickets include: Cart and Greens fees Range Balls Dinner Two drink tickets Individual awards Team prizes Hole In One Contest Closest to the Pin Contest Become a Tee Sponsor Tee Sponsorship - $100 Click here and then enter "New Gift" designated to "The Loyalty Fund" restricted to "tee sponsorship" and in the memo line enter your business name. If you would like to send your logo to us after you pay securely online, send it to email@example.com. Please send a high res EPS or JPG. Questions? Contact Coach Charlie Dobbins at Charlie.Dobbins@peace.edu or 919-508-2330 or Coach Chris Duty at Chris.Duty@peace.edu or 919-508-2331. view Event
Four-Year University Located In Downtown Raleigh Partners With North Carolina Symphony For Free Music Series
RALEIGH, N.C. – William Peace University (http://www.peace.edu), a private four-year university located in downtown Raleigh, has announced its partnership with the North Carolina Symphony to host the free Manning Chamber Music Series on Monday, Oct. 24 in Kenan Hall, located on the William Peace University campus at 15 E. Peace St. at 7:30 p.m. Bringing together symphony musicians, artists and university faculty, the Manning Chamber Music Series hosts performances of first-rank musical compilations, from both new and classical genres. Performed throughout the year, the musical performances offer North Carolina residents a window into some of the greatest musical masterpieces, including selections from Tchaikovsky’s "Album for the Young, Op. 39" and Beethoven’s "Duet No. 3 in B-flat Major for Violin and Cello and "String Quartet No. 7 in F Major, Op. 59, No. 1 – Rasumovsky."
Established in 2006 by Sara Jo Allen Manning, a 1958 Peace Prep school graduate and 1960 Peace College graduate, The Manning Chamber Music Series Fund was formed by Manning herself as a gift to the university during its Promise of Peace campaign. Manning has a longstanding record of service to William Peace University, including the College’s Sesquicentennial Commemoration Committee, the University’s Board of Visitors, the alumnae board and her work as a Class Agent, where she assisted in securing alumnae giving. Civic minded and deeply rooted in the local community, Manning received the 2008 Distinguished Service Award for her service on the United Arts Council Board of Directors, the North Carolina Prevention of Blindness and her presidential role for the Junior League of Raleigh.
"The partnership between William Peace University and the North Carolina Symphony is a testament to the value we consistently place on the arts, and we are proud to provide both the local community and student body with the opportunity to partake in the endless talents of these musical masterminds," said Debra M. Townsley, president of William Peace University.
- The Manning Chamber Music Series is open to the public. For more information, contact (919) 508-2000 or visit http://bit.ly/rbhucx.
- For a complete list of North Carolina Symphony ensembles performed year round, visit http://www.ncsymphony.org/.
- The series will continue with concerts on Monday, Jan. 23, 2012 and Monday, March, 19, 2012.
ABOUT WILLIAM PEACE UNIVERSITY:
William Peace University is located in the heart of Raleigh, North Carolina. It was founded in 1857 as Peace Institute, offering education for boys and girls in primary grades and to women from high school to college. Peace, an all women’s college, became a four-year baccalaureate college and graduated its first bachelor’s students in August of 1996. Peace began offering coeducational evening courses through the William Peace School of Professional Studies in 2009. In 2011, Peace College transitioned to William Peace University and will begin admitting male students to its day program in fall 2012. Its mission is to prepare students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. On average, more than 90 percent of the university’s graduates are placed in jobs or graduate school within one year of graduation. For more information, please visit http://www.peace.edu.
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
William Peace University Twitter:
William Peace University Facebook:
William Peace University YouTube Channel: