- October 10, 2015 Women's Volleyball vs Huntingdon The Pacer Women's Volleyball Team takes on Huntingdon College on Oct. 10, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Check out all the news at www.gopeacepacers.com. view Event
- October 10, 2015 Women's Volleyball vs. LaGrange The Pacer Women's Volleyball Team takes on LaGrange College on Oct. 10, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. Check out all the news at www.gopeacepacers.com. view Event
- October 11, 2015 Women's Soccer vs. Meredith The Pacer Women's Soccer Team takes on Meredith College on Oct. 11, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. Come out and support the Pacers as we battle our cross-town rivals, the Avenging Angels! Check out all the news at www.gopeacepacers.com. view Event
Four-Year University Located In Downtown Raleigh Partners With North Carolina Symphony For Free Music Series
RALEIGH, N.C. – William Peace University (http://www.peace.edu), a private four-year university located in downtown Raleigh, has announced its partnership with the North Carolina Symphony to host the free Manning Chamber Music Series on Monday, Oct. 24 in Kenan Hall, located on the William Peace University campus at 15 E. Peace St. at 7:30 p.m. Bringing together symphony musicians, artists and university faculty, the Manning Chamber Music Series hosts performances of first-rank musical compilations, from both new and classical genres. Performed throughout the year, the musical performances offer North Carolina residents a window into some of the greatest musical masterpieces, including selections from Tchaikovsky’s "Album for the Young, Op. 39" and Beethoven’s "Duet No. 3 in B-flat Major for Violin and Cello and "String Quartet No. 7 in F Major, Op. 59, No. 1 – Rasumovsky."
Established in 2006 by Sara Jo Allen Manning, a 1958 Peace Prep school graduate and 1960 Peace College graduate, The Manning Chamber Music Series Fund was formed by Manning herself as a gift to the university during its Promise of Peace campaign. Manning has a longstanding record of service to William Peace University, including the College’s Sesquicentennial Commemoration Committee, the University’s Board of Visitors, the alumnae board and her work as a Class Agent, where she assisted in securing alumnae giving. Civic minded and deeply rooted in the local community, Manning received the 2008 Distinguished Service Award for her service on the United Arts Council Board of Directors, the North Carolina Prevention of Blindness and her presidential role for the Junior League of Raleigh.
"The partnership between William Peace University and the North Carolina Symphony is a testament to the value we consistently place on the arts, and we are proud to provide both the local community and student body with the opportunity to partake in the endless talents of these musical masterminds," said Debra M. Townsley, president of William Peace University.
- The Manning Chamber Music Series is open to the public. For more information, contact (919) 508-2000 or visit http://bit.ly/rbhucx.
- For a complete list of North Carolina Symphony ensembles performed year round, visit http://www.ncsymphony.org/.
- The series will continue with concerts on Monday, Jan. 23, 2012 and Monday, March, 19, 2012.
ABOUT WILLIAM PEACE UNIVERSITY:
William Peace University is located in the heart of Raleigh, North Carolina. It was founded in 1857 as Peace Institute, offering education for boys and girls in primary grades and to women from high school to college. Peace, an all women’s college, became a four-year baccalaureate college and graduated its first bachelor’s students in August of 1996. Peace began offering coeducational evening courses through the William Peace School of Professional Studies in 2009. In 2011, Peace College transitioned to William Peace University and will begin admitting male students to its day program in fall 2012. Its mission is to prepare students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. On average, more than 90 percent of the university’s graduates are placed in jobs or graduate school within one year of graduation. For more information, please visit http://www.peace.edu.
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
William Peace University Twitter:
William Peace University Facebook:
William Peace University YouTube Channel: