What is the PacerCard?
The Pacer Card is the William Peace University ID card. It’s your campus ID that is also a Fifth Third Bank Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard®.
Card functions include the following:
- Photo ID
- Library card
- Select residence hall access
- Meal plans and Dining Bucks
- ATM withdrawals (1)
- MasterCard debit card transactions (1)
- How do I set up and activate the Prepaid MasterCard functionality of my Pacer Card?To set up the Prepaid MasterCard® functionality of you Pacer Card you will need to meet with a Fifth Third Bank representative. This could be at a campus event or at any branch. The representative will create your bank profile and connect the Prepaid MasterCard. Once you have set up your Pacer Card with the bank you will need to call 1-866-452-8484 and follow the prompts to activate the card. You will select a PIN at that time.
- Is there a monthly charge for activating my Prepaid MasterCard®?No. There is no monthly service charge if you choose to activate the Prepaid MasterCard.
- Is there a charge to use my PacerCard at a Fifth Third Bank ATM?No. There are no service charges to make withdrawals with your Pacer Card at Fifth Third Bank ATMs. And, better yet, there is a Fifth Third Bank ATM on campus!
- Can I use my PacerCard at a non-Fifth Third Bank ATM?Yes. Your Pacer Card can be used at any ATM. You will incur a $2 fee from Fifth Third Bank to use another bank’s ATM. In addition, for any non-Fifth Third Bank transactions, the owner of the ATM may charge a fee as well.
- Where can I use my Pacer Card for purchases?Once the Prepaid MasterCard® portion of your Pacer Card is activated, your card can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, even online.
- Can my PacerCard be used as a credit card?No. The card can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted for debit transactions. Only funds loaded to the card can be used for purchases. If there are no funds available, the transaction will be declined. There is no line of credit attached to this card.
- How do I check the balance of the Pacer Card MasterCard® Debit?You can check your balance in the following ways:
- Through a balance inquiry at a Fifth-Third ATM
- By using the Fifth Third Mobile Banking App (3)
- By logging onto Fifth Third’s Internet Banking (5)
- By calling 1-866-452-8484 and pressing the balance inquiry prompt
- By setting up a mobile text alert (3)
- By inquiry at a Fifth Third Financial Center
- By texting BAL to 5353532
- Will William Peace University have the ability to view my spending history or account balance using the PacerCard?No. Your account information is confidential, and Fifth Third Bank takes necessary steps to ensure your account information is protected.
- Where can I use my PacerCard for purchases?Once activated, your Pacer Card can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, even online.
- What should I do if my PacerCard is lost or stolen?If lost or stolen, follow the campus process for reporting lost/stolen IDs and call Fifth Third Bank at 1-866-452-8484 to have the card blocked. Also, contact WPU Public Safety at 919.833.2277. After you receive your replacement Pacer Card from the University, contact Fifth Third to activate your new card and to transfer any remaining funds.
- Does William Peace University share my personal information with Fifth Third Bank?No. Fifth Third Bank receives no personal information from William Peace University.
- If I am under 18 years of age, do I have to have an adult on the Prepaid MasterCard account with me?Yes. If you are under the age of 18, Fifth Third Bank does require that you have a parent or guardian as a joint owner on the Prepaid MasterCard® account. You will need to open your Prepaid MasterCard® by visiting one of our several banking centers in Raleigh. The closest branch to campus is 2501 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 150, Raleigh, NC 27067.
- How can I load money onto my Prepaid MasterCard?
- ACH deposit
- Direct deposit
- Cash deposit at any Fifth Third banking center
- Check deposit at any Fifth Third banking center
- Transfer from Fifth Third checking or savings account at banking center, if available (2)
- Transfer from Fifth Third checking or savings account via mobile or Internet Banking, if available (3)(5)
- Load funds via the MasterCard® rePower™ network at participating Western Union and Green Dot locations (4)
- Card Functionality
- The debit card number is pre-printed
- Prox Chip added to allow tap access to doors
- Bar code for library tracking
- Card works within the PULSE®, Cirrus®, Presto!® and MasterCard® networks
- The top, black mag stripe is for bank purposes and is programmed like any MasterCard/ATM card
- The bottom, silver stripe is for use at on-campus dining venues and tracks your meal plans and Dining Bucks
(1) Available when Prepaid MasterCard is activated. Fifth Third Bank Prepaid MasterCard activation is not required. $25 minimum deposit required to open a MasterCard Prepaid account. Other fees and restrictions may apply. See banker for details.
(2) $50 minimum deposit required to open a checking account. Other fees and restrictions may apply. See banker for details.
(3) Mobile Internet data and text message charges may apply. Please contact your mobile service provider for details. Subject to Internet Banking terms and conditions.
(4) Additional Information about loading the Card through the MasterCard® rePower™ network: Many retail merchants throughout the United States accept MasterCard® rePower™. The retailer will support one of two reloading methods: (a) card swipe method in which the Card is swiped and the cash is added onto the Card or (b) purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak® and follow the instructions listed on the materials. Additional load fees charged by the retailer may apply. You may find a MasterCard® rePower™ network location by visiting www.mastercard.us/cardholder-services/repower-locator.html.
Subject to Internet Banking terms and conditions
MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.