The Office of Public Safety works 24 hours a day to provide a safe and welcoming environment for WPU students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The Office of Public Safety is committed to providing a community-friendly approach to enhancing campus safety for students, faculty and staff. The Office of Public Safety collaborates with local law enforcement and community organizations in fulfilling its commitment to enforcing the law and managing risks to ensure a safe and protective campus.
Public Safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be contacted at anytime by calling 919.833.2277. Emergency phones designated with blue lights are located at various points on campus for urgent situations.
- Campus Security Technology
- WPU Emergency Notification System
- Emergency Call Boxes throughout campus (inside/out)
- RAVE Emergency Test Message system – PacerAlert
- Key card access required for entry to all campus buildings
- Cameras in every public area of campus
- Services Provided by Public Safety
- Crime Prevention and Educational Programs
- Patrols and Accompanied Escorts
- Motorist aid
- Parking Permit Issuance; Parking Control/Enforcement
- ID Card Issuance
- Criminal Investigations
- Emergency Response Coordination
- Public Safety Officers and TrainingWilliam Peace University Public Safety Officers receive continuous training in:
- Public Safety
- Emergency Management Training
- C-CERT training (Campus Community Emergency Response Team)