- Commuter Life
- Residential Life
- Academic Support Center
- Campus Activities and Clubs
- Career Services
- Computer Labs & IT
- Wellness Center
- Disability Services
- Living in Raleigh
- Public Safety and Security
- Spiritual Life
- Student Handbook
- Community Conduct Code
- Pacer Camp
- UHaul Care Share
- FAQs - Student Life
William Peace University offers the comfort of a small school with all the possibilities of a big city.
Surrounded by beautiful oak trees and a large front lawn, our historic campus has carved out its own niche in downtown Raleigh. We're just a short walk from the state capitol, museums, music halls, restaurants, theaters and nightlife. Students can observe the state legislature in session, dine downtown in popular cafés, attend concerts at the Raleigh Amphitheatre and enjoy live theatre at the REP and NCSU without ever needing a car.
With a population of over 400,000, Raleigh is consistently regarded as one of the nation's best places to live for its economic, cultural and professional opportunities. In addition to being named the No. 1 ranking in BusinessWeek's list of America's 50 Best Cities in 2011, Raleigh was also ranked one of the top five Hottest Job Markets for Young Adults, a Top 10 Technology Town and a Top 10 City for Singles.
Things To Do: Malls, retail areas and shopping centers complete a lively shopping scene in Raleigh. From the major department stores of Triangle Town Center and Crabtree Valley Mall to the exclusive shops and boutiques of Cameron Village, you can enjoy exceptional shopping in any part of the city.
Raleigh is also home to North Carolina's museums of art, history and natural sciences.
Getting Around: Every inch of Raleigh is easily accessible from William Peace University. The R-Line, a free downtown bus service with stops on campus, connects you to restaurants, retail and entertainment venues, museums and hotels. The Amtrak train station is also less than two miles from campus, and RDU International Airport is an easy 20-minute drive.
Sports: Whether you're in the mood for a round of golf or edge-of-your seat football, professional baseball or NHL hockey, the greater Raleigh area has a game for everyone. With several surrounding colleges and universities along Tobacco Road, there's great football or basketball action.
Good Neighbors: Just outside Raleigh are several thriving cities and towns, including Chapel Hill, Durham and Cary, making the Triangle one of the best places to live in the country. The Research Triangle Park also offers a thriving business landscape for career opportunities before and after graduation.
- Top City to Attend College - The American Institute for Economic Research
- Top City in the U.S. for Young Adults to Start Careers - American City Business Journals
- #1 Best Place for Business & Careers - Forbes
- #1 Best Labor Market for Young Adults - Portfolio.com
- #1 Quality of Life Among Major Markets - Portfolio.com
- #1 Best City for school performance, green space and cultural amenities - Business Week
- #1 City for Families - Forbes
- #3 Top State for Business - CNBC
- #3 American Boomtown - Bloomberg
- #5 City for Job Growth - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- #6 Best City for Job Seekers - Forbes