- Residential Life
- Academic Support Center
- Campus Activities and Clubs
- Career Services
- Computer Labs & IT
- Wellness Center
- Disability Services
- Public Safety and Security
- FAQs - Student Life
- Spiritual Life
- Student Handbook
- Community Conduct Code
- Title IX
- Pacer Camp
- UHaul Car Share
FAQs - Meal Plans
What Meal Plans are Available to Resident Students?
Resident Meal Plans: WPU offers three meal plans for students living on campus. Each plan consists of a weekly meal allowance as well as Dining Bucks and City Bucks that can be utilized during the semester.
- Unlimited Meal Plan: For students who like flexibility, the Unlimited Meal Plan offers you unlimited access to Belk Dining Hall during normal hours of operation Monday through Sunday. In addition, you receive a total of $35.00 in Dining Bucks and $15.00 in City Bucks that can be used during the semester.
- 14 Meal Plan: 14 Meals per week is ideal for students who plan to dine in Belk Dining Hall an average of two times per day each week. This plan is supplemented with $65.00 in Dining Bucks and $35.00 in City Bucks that can be used during the semester.
- 150 Block Meal Plan: The 150 Block Meal Plan is available to students living in Bingham Residence Hall and at The Vie At Raleigh and includes a total of $75.00 in Dining Bucks and $50.00 in City Bucks that can be used during the semester. With this plan you have a lot of flexibility with your meals. You can use the 150 meals whenever you want through the semester; however, if you don’t use them you lose them at the end of each semester. Similarly, once you use all of the swipes they will not be replenished until the next semester. This is also the only residential meal plan you can use to swipe your friends in (you must be present).
What does a weekly meal allowance, Dining Bucks and City Bucks mean for Resident Students?
- Weekly Meal Allowance: You will receive a set number of meals each week, depending upon the plan you selected above. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekends in Belk Dining Hall. Each time you eat in Belk Dining Hall, one meal is subtracted from your meal allowance for the week. Weekly meal allotments begin on Friday and end on Thursday.
- Dining Bucks: Dining Bucks are declining balance dollars that can be used in Peace Perk and Belk Dining Hall. Your Dining Bucks balance does not reset each week. Dining Bucks work just like a debit card – make a purchase and the total is subtracted from the balance on your account. You can also use Dining Bucks in Belk Dining if you run out of meals or if you would like to treat a guest. Dining Buck balances do not rollover from the fall to the spring semester. Unused Dining Bucks expire at the end of each semester and cannot be converted to cash.
- City Bucks: City Bucks are declining balance dollars that can be used at designated off campus restaurants, Peace Perk and Belk Dining Hall. Additional City Bucks can be added to your account by visiting the Student Accounts Office. City Buck balances rollover from the fall to the spring semester. Unused City Bucks expire at the end of the academic school year and cannot be turned into cash.
What Meal Plans are Available to Commuter Students?
Commuter Meal Plans: WPU offers two meal plans for students who commute to campus and do not live in campus housing. These plans consist of a semester allowance and include Dining Bucks.
- 25 Block Plan: The 25 Block Plan offers 25 meals at Belk Dining Hall and $20.00 in Dining Bucks that can be used in Peace Perk or to treat a guest to a meal at Belk Dining Hall.
- 50 Block Plan: The 50 Block Plan offers 50 meals at Belk Dining Hall and $40.00 in Dining Bucks that can be used in Peace Perk or to treat a guest to a meal at Belk Dining Hall.
What does semester meal allowance and Dining Bucks mean to Commuter Students?
- Semester Allowance: You will receive a set number of meals that can be used to enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekends in Belk Dining Hall. Each time you eat in Belk Dining Hall, one meal is subtracted from your semester meal allowance. If you run out of meals during a semester, an additional block plan can purchased. Unused meals rollover from fall to spring semester, but must be used by the end of the academic school year.
- Dining Bucks: Dining Bucks are declining balance dollars that can be used in Peace Perk and Belk Dining Hall. Dining Bucks work just like a debit card – make a purchase and the total is subtracted from the balance on your account. You save sales tax on your purchases at Peace Perk whenever Dining Bucks are used.
- You can also use your Dining Bucks in Belk Dining if you run out of meals or if you would like to treat a friend. Unused Commuter Block Plan Dining Bucks rollover from fall to spring semester, but must be used by the end of the academic school year. Dining Bucks cannot be converted to cash.
What are the dining options available on campus?
Belk Dining Hall is the main dining hall located on campus. Here you'll find an abundant variety of fresh foods, prepared for you every day. Our team stands ready to serve up a changing menu of specialties cooked to your liking!
Daily features include traditional home-style meals, fresh cooked pastas and pizza, vegetables and breads, hot and hearty traditional and vegetarian soups, salad, deli and dessert bars. Meals, Dining Bucks, PacerCa$h and cash is accepted. For more information on the available options please visit the Dining Services website.
Belk Dining Hall hours of operation include the following:
7:15 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
7:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Brunch: 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Brunch: 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Peace Perk is in the first floor of Finch Library. Peace Perk is a full service coffee and espresso bar, featuring Starbucks Coffee. Pre-made sandwiches and salads, snacks, pastries and desserts are also available. Dining Bucks, PacerCA$H, credit/debit cards and cash are accepted.
Peace Perk hours of operation include the following:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
What are the dining options available off campus for students with City Bucks?
- Donato's (Seaboard Station)
- Dickey's Barbecue Pit (downtown)
How do the meal plans' work?
Your William Peace University PacerCard is used to access your meal plan. Simply present your PacerCard to the cashier when dining in one of our locations.
Can I change my dining plan?
Yes. Students may request a meal plan change any time before the beginning of a semester. A request for a meal plan change will only be accepted before 4:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of class. All students living on-campus are required to have a meal plan. To change your plan, contact Student Services or Residence Life.
What do I do when my Dining Bucks run low?
Reload. Simply add to your account with cash, check, money order or credit card by visiting the Office of Student Accounts located in Main 116 or by telephone at 919.508.2432. Dining Bucks can be reloaded online at http://mypacer.peace.edu.
I'm a commuter, what if my meals run low before the end of the semester?
Commuters can sign up for another meal plan by visiting the Office of Student Accounts.
Do unused Dining Bucks carry over to the following semester?
Dining Bucks will rollover from the fall to the spring, but expire at the end of the spring semester.