- Commuter Life
- Residential Life
- Academic Support Center
- Campus Activities and Clubs
- Career Services
- Computer Labs & IT
- Wellness Center
- Disability Services
- Living in Raleigh
- Public Safety and Security
- Spiritual Life
- Student Handbook
- Community Conduct Code
- Pacer Camp
- UHaul Car Share
- FAQs - Student Life
- PacerCard Voting
PacerAlerts & Emergency Notification System
William Peace University uses several different systems to notify the WPU community in the event of emergency.
- Campus loudspeaker
- Text Messages
- Social Networking (Facebook and Twitter)
- Weather and Safety Line
- University Website
The PacerAlert system - based on technology lease from Rave Wireless - is designed to send short text messages to text-enabled cell phones and recorded messages to telephones. The University uses the telephone numbers provided by students when they enroll. Using this database of phone numbers, the University has the capability of sending text and audio messages to various audiences, such as all students, employees and students' parents.
Pacer Alert is used to announce weather-related closings and delays or information concerning campus emergencies.
To sign up for PacerAlerts:
- Open your web browser to Rave Wireless website (http://getrave.com/login/peace)
- Enter your William Peace University login name (everything before the "@" symbol in your email address) and password in the spaces provided.
- On the login page (with the William Peace University logo), enter your Peace username and password. NOTE: If you receive a login or password error when attempting to connect, enter your username in all lowercase lettering.
- On the Create Account page, enter your First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number and Preferred Email in the spaces provided.
- Select Next after agreeing to Rave's Term of Use.
- After a few additional confirmation steps, the registration process will be complete and you will be signed up with the Pacer Alert service.
If you have problems signing in to the PacerAlert web system, please contact the William Peace University Information Technology Department.
Weather and Safety Line
William Peace University has a Weather and Safety Line which we use to convey information concerning weather-related delays or closings through a recorded announcement. The recording may be reached by dialing 919.508.2390. The line may also be used to provide information through recorded messages in the event of a campus emergency.
Depending on the needs of any given situation, William Peace University also is equipped to provide information on its home page.