2022 Summer Camps for Rising 9th – 12th Graders
Earn College Credit at WPU Summer Camp
Dates: July 11-14, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
COST: $400 per week
Students that have participated on our Summer Camps have had the opportunity to come and experience our beautiful campus in downtown Raleigh for our immersive learning programs. Our small camp size provides the benefit of individualized attention from the brilliant faculty leading the camps. This one-credit hour camp will get them started in earning credit toward their college degree!
2022 summer camp themes and concentrations:
- Research in Stream Ecology
- Writing Music for the Screen
Writing Music for the Screen
Faculty: Matt Hodge, MFA, Associate Professor of Musical Theatre
Camp size: 15 students, maximum
How do composers write music for video games, movies, and television? How is sound used in modern storytelling-based entertainment? Come find out! Whether you are an experienced musician or have never played a note, come spend the week being mentored and guided by a professional composer. You’ll learn:
- The fundamentals of writing music for the screen.
- The technology used by screen composers.
- Basic theory, composition, score study — and even music psychology.
- At the end of the week, you’ll show off a visual and aural presentation of original music written by the group for visual footage!
No prior music knowledge or experience is required.
Research in Stream Ecology
Budding biologist? Or do you love being outdoors? Join WPU biology professors in their long-term ecological study of Raleigh’s Crabtree Creek. You’ll get hands-on experience doing ecological research and immerse yourself in the world of science. In this camp you’ll:
- Learn the basics of ecosystems.
- Practice the scientific method.
- Go on field trips to the creek for hands-on research.
- Learn the best ways to collect macroinvertebrates and fish.
- Analyze water samples.
No prior biology or field experience is necessary.
Your camper will be officially registered once we receive a deposit of $200 and a signed waiver form.
All balances are due by Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
All parents should use the ID number: 75411 when submitting a payment.
- What's Included
- Four (4) days of immersive fun and learning with top-notch faculty on our beautiful campus in downtown Raleigh.
- Lunch and two snacks each day.
- What Campers Should Bring
- Any medications, clearly labeled
- EpiPen, if applicable
- Pencil + Notebook
- Masks are required
- Payment PoliciesCamp deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable and will hold your child’s space in the camp until the balance is due on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. If the remaining balance is not paid in full by the invoice deadline, your child’s seat in the camp will be canceled and offered to another camper on the waiting list. You can choose to pay the entire amount or just the non-refundable deposit upon registration. In order to be fair to all our valued campers and parents, no exceptions can be made to this policy.
Payment refunds (except for the non-refundable deposit) will be made up to 14 days before the start of the camp for cancellations. After that time, no refunds can be made. When camps are full, we can put you on a waiting list. Please be sure we have your current email address so that you will receive updates from us.
- Camp PoliciesAccommodations Policy
William Peace University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you have a request for accommodation, please email: email@example.com at least one week prior to the start of the camp.
As a summer camp participant, I promise to:
- Treat my fellow campers and staff with kindness, respect, and cooperation in my words and actions at all times and NOT use bullying words or behavior or disrupt the camp experience of others (review all information on bullying and related consequences below).
- Seek help from my camp director and staff in resolving conflict especially if it is something I do not feel I can resolve on my own.
- Respect the property of the university buildings as well as other people’s property
- Notify my camp director or staff immediately if I witness a violation of this policy.
- College Credit InformationCollege credit is transferable; transcripts are available after class upon request.