Get a return on your investment.
William Peace University is a regionally-ranked, award-winning institution in downtown Raleigh, NC. A stunning 96% of our graduates are employed or in graduate school within one year of Commencement. Why? Because we provide an education that is more than just memorizing facts and writing papers. At WPU, you’ll find:
- Professors who love to teach. None of our classes are taught by teaching assistants.
- A faculty-student ratio of 11:1. Your professors know your name and how you learn best.
- Immersive learning. No matter what you’re studying, you’ll do some learning outside the classroom — whether it’s literally outside or with hands-on project so you can learn by doing.
- An internship. Our traditional undergraduate students complete an internship as part of their education.
- First-Year Success Series. Not everyone is ready for college. Our First-Year team will prepare you for learning.
More WPU At-a-GlanceExplore Our Programs of Study
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1, you get the hands-on learning you need to be successful in both your life and careerTop 10%Nationally in Effective Teaching Practices (NSSE)30+majors + minors#1Best Game Design College in NC (Universities.com)
- Campus Life
We're an oasis nestled in the corner of a thriving metropolitan area with boundless opportunities for careers and fun10+Intramural Sports400+Students Living On Campus8residence halls across campus
- Pacer Athletics
WPU competes for national championships in and out of the classroom. We offer many different men's and women's NCAA Division III sports50+NCAA Athletics Home Games Each Year18total men's & women's NCAA DIII sports teams180+NCAA Student-Athletes on Campus
- Adult Studies Programs
As a professional adult student, you get a flexible array of degree options. Take advantage of online, night, and even Saturday courses$350Per Credit Hour#8Best Online College in NC (Value Colleges)9Degrees Offered Online and Evenings
- More than 30 majors offered at the traditional undergraduate level
- Eight undergraduate degree programs for adult professionals
- Internships are built into our curriculum
- 96+% of grads are employed or enter post-graduate studies programs within a year of graduating
- Nearly 65% of students land jobs directly through their internship
- More than 73% of full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree
- Ranked in the top 10% nationally in “Effective Teaching” (National Survey of Student Engagement)
- Ranked in the top 10% nationally in “Learning Strategies” (National Survey of Student Engagement)
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1
- All students taught by faculty (no teaching assistants)
- 18 total men’s & women’s NCAA DIII sports teams
- Access to classes and library facilities at five local colleges and universities through the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges Consortium
- Study abroad opportunities include short-term faculty-led trips, semester abroad programs, and summer programs.
- Founded in 1857 as Peace Institute.
- Traditional undergraduate enrollment: 54% female/46% male; 53% White, non-Hispanic; 24% Black, non-Hispanic; 4% Unknown, 12% Hispanic; 2% Asian/Pacific Islander; <1% American Indian/Alaska Native; 4% two or more ethnicities; <1% nonresident alien