Experiential + Immersive Learning is the process of learning through experience, and applying what you’ve learned in an active environment.
At WPU, we think it’s important that you broaden your horizons. Sometimes that means pushing you out of your comfort zone, but for good reason and one goal in mind – to make you a better overall student. This will better prepare you for graduate school, your next career, and a more purposeful life.
Get Out There and Change the World
You’ll get hands-on here in more ways than one. From exploring ancient ruins in Mexico, to studying animals on the verge of extinction, to immersing yourself in the immigrant experience in NYC, the way you learn will extend far past the traditional classroom.
together, we’ll learn through the following ways
- InternshipsWe’re ranked #1 nationally for our internship program. In fact, more than 60% of students report landing jobs directly through their internship experience.
- Mock InterviewsA lot of schools do mock interviews. We just do it better. For example, we go as far as detailing which fork you should use during a lunch interview – and we even practice it with you.
- Study AbroadOur students experience culture and globalization through study-abroad trips in places like Italy, Mexico, Qatar, and much more.
- Student ResearchA lot of institutions don’t allow their undergraduate students to participate in research. Good thing we’re not like other institutions. WPU students travel to participate in forums such as the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), and much more.
- ShowcaseShowcase is a conference-style event where our students display their semester research, performances, poetry readings, debates, cross-disciplinary creative projects, and much more.