OverviewThe education program at WPU is designed by experienced educators who are closely connected to public education in North Carolina, opening up a world of resources and opportunities for you to learn and grow.
If teaching is your calling, you’ve come to the right place. The education major is one of the fastest growing at WPU, with tracks in elementary education and a blended elementary/special education program. Here you will dissect the learning process and examine the future of K-12 education. Our professors will challenge you to explore the latest teaching methods through relevant coursework, extensive field and practicum experiences, and enriching student-teaching opportunities.
A close partnership with the Wake County Public School System, one of the best school systems in North Carolina, offers students access to extensive resources, valuable professional contacts and student teaching opportunities unavailable at other colleges and universities. Simply put, our students are prepared, connected and ready to make a difference when they graduate.
The education major was specifically designed with help from the Wake County Public School System — people who understand what teachers need to know and the skills they need to master. WPU’s program is unique since it is a “blended” program where students earn licensure in both elementary education (K-6) and in Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12).
Recent employment by education majors:
- CCR Teacher, Wake County Public Schools
- 4th Grade Teacher, Wake County Public Schools
- Special Education Teacher, Johnston County Public Schools
- 6th Grade Integrated Language Arts Teacher, St. Mary’s Catholic High School, VA
- Occupational Course of Study Teacher, Wilson County Schools
- ASD Teacher, Osceola County School District
- Exceptional Children’s Resource Teacher, Zeb Vance Elementary School
- 5th Grade Teacher, Millbrook Elementary Magnet School
Recent graduate school acceptances:
- East Carolina University, Special Education
- Hawaii Pacific University, Social Work