Accelerated Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Accelerated Online Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Learn the foundations of general psychology including personality, perception, thinking and social interaction from seasoned professors, in a convenient, online and accelerated degree program from William Peace University.
Our Accelerated Psychology program and Bachelor’s Degree will refine your critical and observational analysis skills, readying you for a career in a spectrum of fields, from law and criminal justice to human services and healthcare.
Benefits of the Psychology Accelerated Degree Program
At WPU, we offer students the opportunity to continue their degree path with convenience, affordability and a simplified application process. We accept up to 90-transfer credits and our multiple start dates provide the flexibility needed by working professionals.
A degree in Psychology offers graduates the opportunity to enhance the lives of others with through courses and practice in the understanding of human beings, their motivations, emotions and thought process.
Hands-on learning is a key element of this degree. Our curriculum includes outcome-focused research and theory work into human behavior. These form a solid foundation for rewarding careers in counseling, social work and psychology, among other professions.
- Flexible course schedules and coursework
- Unique methodologies and theory work
- Hands-on, outcome-focused learning
- Key foundation for a range of careers goals and opportunities
Students with a bachelor of science in psychology develop skills such as effectively listening, observing, analyzing and interpreting. They are also taught the importance of ethical practice, showing concern for others and critical and inferential thinking. Graduates from the online and accelerated William PeaceUniversity program go on to various careers in areas such as pharmaceutical sales, nonprofit organizations, social work and social sciences, life skills training, human resources, healthcare, community relations, mental health, and clinical psychology.
Recent psychology internships around Raleigh, NC include:
- Interact of Wake County
- Autism Society of North Carolina
- Urban Ministries
- North Carolina Highway Patrol
- Ligon Middle School
- Triangle Family Services
- Guardian ad Litem, NC
- Brain Injury Association of North Carolina
- Residential Services
- Planned Parenthood
Recent employment by psychology majors after degree completion:
- Child Caseworker, Family Alternatives
- Customer Services Representative, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Teacher, The Mariposa School
- Disability Determination Specialist, Social Security Administration, Disability Determination Services
- Social Worker, Person County
- Community Employment Specialist, Blue Ridge Center
- Relationship Consultant, Allscripts
- Assistant Camp Director, Girl Scouts of North Carolina Coastal Pines
- Site Director, Cary Family YMCA
Higher Education Opportunities for Graduates with Psychology Degree
WPU students have many possibilities available to them upon completion of their psychology degree coursework. While some graduates will immediately begin their professional careers, others go on to pursue further higher education as graduate students while pursuing master’s degrees and doctoral programs. Graduate programs allow graduates to gain further specialization and build upon their learning and degree received from WPU. Our students are empowered to succeed no matter the path they take upon graduation.
Recent psychology degree graduate school acceptances:
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law
- North Carolina Central University School of Counseling
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington School of Social Work
- North Carolina State University School of Counseling
- East Carolina University School of Psychology, School Counseling and Social Work
- University of Tennessee, Sports Psychology
- Case Western Reserve, Social Work