William Peace University is committed to supporting our active duty military, veterans and their dependents during the transition to higher education and enhancing their educational experience with the highest quality of academic support services available.
Military Friendly is more than a catch-phrase for us – it’s a commitment!
- Active duty and veterans have their application and enrollment deposit waived.
- Enhanced Yellow Ribbon Participant: Unlimited Yellow Ribbon scholarships awarded means eligible participants most likely will have their tuition paid completely.
- Resources available tailored to our military families: Employment, VA connections and organizations.
Learn More about The Yellow Ribbon Program:
The Yellow Ribbon program at William Peace University was built to allow students the benefits of a private education at no to minimal cost of tuition. WPU will invest in our students through the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship. The Department of Veterans Affairs matches that amount which combined with the scholarship will cover 100% of tuition and allowable fees. Only individuals entitled to 100% Post-9/11 benefit rate may participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Funds are applied to net tuition and fees in the following order:
- State and External Scholarships restricted for tuition only.
- GI Bill* Benefits
- WPU Yellow Ribbon Grant and VA matching funds
*William Peace University uses institutional scholarships and grants as funding sources for the school’s contribution for the Yellow Ribbon Program. As a result, previously awarded institutional scholarships, awards or grants will be replaced by the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship and in conjunction with the VA will cover, but not exceed, tuition and eligible fees.
We are also a Military Friendly® designated school which signifies our commitment to serve and support Veterans.
Apply to William Peace University
Apply for VA educational benefitsStart here
Click the green button that says Find your educational benefits. If you have never received VA educational benefits click “Applying for new benefit”. If you are transferring from another school, click “Updating my current benefit”
Certificate of EligibilityAfter you have completed your application and it has been submitted and processed by the VA, you will be given a Certificate of Eligibility. Please submit this COE to you application portal.
Veterans OnlyPlease submit your DD 214 and your military transcripts in your WPU portal for evaluation
FAFSAWhile not required, it is suggested that you complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA.gov. Enter WPU’s school code: 002953
View our Policies:
Recruiting Service MembersAs required by the Department of Defense and to eliminate unfair, deceptive, and abusive marketing aimed at Service members, William Peace University will:
- Ban inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis [defined as “an insignificant amount”] to any individual or entity, or its agents including third-party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access to TA funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible;
- Refrain from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including TA funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance;
- Refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.
Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
William Peace University students who are passionate about service, leadership training, and seeking robust scholarship opportunities may be interested in joining our ROTC program.
Students at WPU may choose to participate in either the U.S. Army Falcon Battalion or the U.S. Air Force ROTC Detachment 595. Our ROTC cadets are leaders on campus, participate in campus organizations and athletics, participate in ROTC trainings and events as they study and train for their future. Those students who are eligible and accept a ROTC Scholarship will be commissioned as a military officer after graduation giving them a jump-start to their career.
The ROTC program at WPU partners with local institutions including St. Augustines and N.C. State University. These collaborations provide participants better opportunities for enhanced support, training, and facilities.