William Peace University proudly welcomes those who have served or who are currently serving our country.

You are not alone in taking the next step following your service. Many of our students are veterans, or are fresh out of serving, and want to continue their studies, or start a new path. We have specialists on campus who are dedicated to helping you get the education and financial aid you need, including pertinent information regarding your GI Bill and other military benefits.

Cadet Cass breaks down her decision to come to WPU

WPU is a 2018-19 Military Friendly School and Yellow Ribbon Participant

Get the Benefits You Deserve

We’re proud to earn the designation of a 2018-19 Military Friendly School. We invest in services to support you, the same way you invest and support serving our country.

We’re also a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill that allows veterans like yourself to attend private schools and graduate programs costing more than the state tuition cap.

Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!


Join the ROTC program at WPU

Your service to our country can also help you earn scholarship money toward your education

Admissions Steps

  • Apply to WPU
    Start My Application


    The $35 application fee is waived for all military personnel and veterans. Simply email

  • Send My Transcripts
    Send us your official high school transcript if:
    • You are a non-degree seeking student.
    • You have not completed 12 semester hours (non-remedial courses only) of transferable college credit from a regionally accredited institution.

    Send us your official college/university transcripts from each institution you have attended, including military transcripts.


    William Peace University
    Office of Admissions
    15 E. Peace Street
    Raleigh, NC 27604

  • Send My Test Scores
    Send us your official SAT/ACT scores.

    Use our WPU’s codes to send your SAT/ACT Scores!

    • SAT: 005533
    • ACT: 3136

    William Peace University
    Office of Admissions
    15 E. Peace Street
    Raleigh, NC 27604


    Contact if you have any questions about SAT or ACT test scores.

  • Apply for Education Benefits through the VA
    Once you’ve been accepted to WPU you’ll need to apply for education benefits by contacting the VA through their website or by phone.
    • Visit (select “Apply for Benefits” tab)
    • Call 1.888.442.4551

    Contact the Registrar’s Office for More Details


    If you have not received VA education benefits in the past:

    1. Use VA Form 22-1995
    2. If applying as a spouse or dependent, use the VA Form 22-5490

    If you have received VA education benefits in the past (at a different school) and are transferring them to WPU:

    1. Use VA Form 22-1995
    2. If the student is Chapter 35 spouse or dependent, or Fry Scholarship recipient, use VA Form 22-5495

Alumna Kristina Cass revceives her Army rank at graduation.
Alumna Kristina Cass revceives her Army rank at graduation.

“I want to start out running for North Carolina House and hopefully work my way up to Congress and make a change.”

Kristina Cass Graduates As WPU’s First Commissioned Army Officer
Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army

Our accelerated adult learning program allows you to be flexible with your schedule, while still finishing your degree on time

Adult & Professional Studies Programs

Many of our current or former military students at WPU are adults looking to take that next step in their careers. We offer flexible, affordable, and accelerated class formats, giving you the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as one (1) year.

Classes are offered during the evening, online, and even on Saturday.

Explore Adult & Professional Studies