You can possibly lower the cost of attending WPU with just a few simple steps.
Do your future self a favor and explore all of your opportunities for financial aid. As an accepted student at WPU, you are automatically considered for merit and need-based financial aid (with a completed FAFSA!). Financial aid is available in the form of:
- Federal Grants
- Federal Loans
- Federal Work-Study Programs
- North Carolina Need Based Scholarship (based on need for NC residents ONLY)
- WPU Grants & Scholarships
- Private Loans
Financial Aid 101
How to Apply for Financial Aid in 5 Simple Steps:
1. Start My Admissions ApplicationKick-start the admissions process by first applying to WPU. If you’ve already submitted your application, just follow the steps below.
2. Request an FSA IDIf you are a first time FAFSA filer, go to the US Department of Education’s FSA ID webpage at fsaid.ed.gov and apply for your FSA ID. You will use your FSA ID to sign your FAFSA on the Web. If you are a dependent financial aid applicant (this means that you must have parents complete information on the FAFSA and one parent must sign your FAFSA), have one of your parents go to the FSA ID website and apply for a parent FSA ID of their own.
3. Complete My FAFSAComplete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by applying as soon after October 1st as possible. The earlier you apply prioritizes you for certain funding opportunities. The WPU priority filing deadline is February 15.
- Enter WPU’s school code: 002953
- As an NC resident, you can participate in CFNC FAFSA Day
4. Complete the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS)Establishing an in-state residency is another way to help you pay for college. In North Carolina, a person’s residency status is determined by a centralized service called Residency Determination Service (RDS). Complete your NC residency determination at https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residencyInfo/
5. Check your email oftenWatch your email or mail for communication from William Peace University. Sometimes additional documents will be needed before your financial aid offer can be finalized.
Within a few days of submitting your FAFSA on the Web, you will receive an email from FAFSA letting you know that your Student Aid Report is ready to review. Your Student Aid Report (SAR) summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA form. Check to make sure all of your info is correct.
A Deeper Dive into Financial Aid
Additional resources and information to ensure your financial aid success!
Learn My Financial Aid Eligibility & Scholarship AmountAfter completing a FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) that outlines your expected family contribution (EFC). Once you are accepted for admission, William Peace University will use your SAR to determine if you are eligible for financial aid.
If eligible, you will learn of your merit award amount via your acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions.
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must meet the following general requirements:
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Officially accepted as a degree-seeking student to William Peace University
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in your program of study
- Not be in default on an educational loan or owe a refund on a grant received at another college
Financial Aid Timeline for Fall Semester StartSeptember – JuneApply for scholarships from private sources such as banks and churches, local companies and organizations, and special interest organizations. Register for a FREE iGrad account for more information on how to find private scholarships.October 1Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to apply for federal and state grants, scholarships, Work-Study, and loans. Use WPU Federal School Code 002953.February 15Applicants who file their financial aid application by the Priority Filing Date of February 15, and are admitted, will receive a preliminary financial aid package sooner.FebruaryUse the to be considered for the North Carolina Need-Based Scholarship (North Carolina residents only).February-AprilIf you have been selected by the Department of Education for verification, you will receive information from our partner Inceptia on how to complete the verification process.May-JulyComplete loan promissory notes, entrance counseling, and the annual student loan acknowledgement (if applicable) at . You will receive emails with directions.
Special Circumstances / Professional Judgement
Professional Judgement (PJ)/Financial Aid Appeal Process (Special Circumstances)
Use the PJ Advisor portal to expedite the financial aid appeal process. PJ Advisor is an accessible, intuitive tool that will guide you through the process to request a professional judgement/appeal.
Please note the deadline for submitting an appeal is July 30, 2021
What Happens Next?
Start your request by accessing PJ Advisor at WPU Portal. You (or a parent, spouse, or legal guardian) will need to do the following*:
- Create a secure user name and password.
- Select your dependency status as reported on the FAFSA.
- Answer the pre-screening questions and select your appeal category.
- Explain your situation in detail, upload supporting documentation, and submit.
- Print, sign, and upload the signature page.
* Dependent students that provided parental information on the FAFSA are required to have one parent signature on the signature page once all documentation has been submitted.
Upon receipt of all required documents, William Peace University will conduct a preliminary review to ensure the submission is accurate and complete. You will be notified via email if there are any questions or if any additional documentation is required. Once the submission is verified as complete, the Financial Aid Office will review for final determination and contact you with the results.
If you have any questions about the appeal process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Secure My Enrollment!Once you are accepted to WPU, you can secure an enrollment spot with a small $250 deposit.
- Downloadable Apps to Help you Navigate Financial AidWant to complete a FAFSA form on your phone? Federal Student Aid has an app for that! Check out the new features of the new myStudentAid mobile app, including:
- Filling out a FAFSA form
- Importing tax info using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Comparing college costs
- Checking loan and grant history
Download the myStudentAid app today:
Any federal grant is awarded at the maximum amount currently authorized for your current enrollment status and is subject to change based on final approval and funding by the US House of Representatives and Senate.
Any grant funded by the State of North Carolina is the maximum amount currently authorized for your current enrollment status and is subject to change based on action and appropriations by the North Carolina General Assembly.
All William Peace University, scholarships are subject to renewal from semester to semester based on the student meeting the minimum criteria of the award.