William Peace University’s mission is to prepare students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. And, with students as our main focus, several areas are in need of your support.
- Peace Annual FundThe Peace Annual Fund is William Peace University’s unrestricted annual giving fund that supplements the overall budget. The Peace Annual Fund helps fill the gap between tuition/endowment income and operating expenses and can aptly be described as the fountain of support for the campus. Giving to this fund supports more than 30 campus student groups and organizations, our faculty and staff, academics, as well as, overall university growth and needs. Unrestricted giving is crucial to the success of the university as it strives to provide innovative and immersive curriculum transforming the lives of our students.
- Student ScholarshipsWilliam Peace University is dedicated to ensuring our students have access to the highest quality education possible. The number one challenge they face is finding a way to afford their education. Almost all WPU students receive some type of financial aid and the university provides millions of dollars in academic and need-based scholarships. At WPU, qualified students are awarded renewable Merit Scholarships from $4,000 to $16,000 every year. Scholarships are awarded based on weighted cumulative grade point average and the highest combined critical reading and math SAT/ACT scores. Additionally, WPU offers annual scholarships in the performing arts, student service, leadership and more. Your support helps ensure our students can receive a quality education.
- Academic DepartmentsWhen you make a gift designated to WPU Academics, you are providing students—the leaders of tomorrow—with the tools to prepare students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. Gifts support the educational experience in a number of ways, including: hiring faculty who are leading experts in their fields, increasing undergraduate research opportunities, creating innovative academic curriculum, and providing resources to ensure every student is fully prepared for their individual careers.
Gifts designated to specific academic departments allow the Department Chair to determine the most appropriate use of these funds to support students in their major and classes.
- The Center Stage Club (Theatre & Performing Arts)The arts are alive! And, if you’ve been in the audience lately, there is a synergy that can’t be denied. With talent blossoming, your help is needed to continue to build on the momentum that is WPU Theatre and Performing Arts.
Your gifts directly supports:
- Kenan Auditorium – With proper sound equipment and lighting, this historic venue will continue to provide quality arts entertainment for the Raleigh community. But, we need YOUR support to make it happen!
- Enrichment Programming For Aspiring Artists – William Peace University works throughout the year with guest performers and lecturers, providing opportunities for young and aspiring student artists. At the same time, these guest professionals often perform in free concerts that are open to the community. Help us continue to provide these experiences for our students and to you!
- Scholarship & Travel Funds – William Peace University is dedicated to providing access to education and experiential learning, as we educate students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. Our young actors, singers, dancers and performers often need help financially. Help us provide additional scholarship dollars and fund travel for students in our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre and Bachelor of Arts in Theatre programs.
- The Pacer ClubSupport WPU Student athletes and our programs! Founded in 2004, The Pacer Club has supported athletic programs, improved facilities, upgrades for training equipment, and the purchase of new uniforms and sports gear. Funds also provide for athletic awards and help ensure successful prospective student athlete outreach by providing funds for our coaches to travel across the state and region to recruit the best and brightest.
Now is your chance to help our Pacers win the championships of tomorrow. We hope to see you in the stands this season.