WPU’s Immersive Learning Summer Camps | July 13-16, 2020
William Peace University will host five unique academic summer camps: Monday, July 13 through Thursday, July 19, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. The day camps are designed for the high school student (9th-12th grades) and will feature immersive learning experiences taught by WPU faculty members. Upon completion, students will earn one (1) college credit from William Peace University.
“WPU’s summer camps are a tremendous opportunity for students to be challenged by college-level academics while also completing fun, engaging projects.”
“WPU’s summer camps are a tremendous opportunity for students to be challenged by college-level academics while at the same time completing fun, engaging projects,” said Charles Duncan, Vice President for Academic Affairs. “We are known nationally for our high level of student engagement with faculty, and the summer camp experience will feature direct faculty-student research with our passionate faculty. You’ll be on our beautiful campus in downtown Raleigh and earn one-credit hour toward your future college degree.”
Campers can choose from the following camps that are associated with several of our academic disciplines:
- Archaeology Boot Camp (Explore an Anthropology Degree)
- Documenting Downtown Raleigh (Explore a Musical Theatre Degree)
- Music Technology & Writing Music (Explore a Theatre Education Degree)
- Research in Stream Ecology (Explore a Biology Degree).
- Sports and Spirituality in Pursuit of Human Happiness – A Design-Thinking Approach (Explore Experiential + Immersive Learning).
Each camp costs $400 and includes a lunch and two snacks per day, along with a downtown Raleigh excursion and t-shirt. Some camps have limited class sizes. Registration is now open.
- Camp Dates: July 13 – 16, 2020
- Time: 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Location: WPU Campus in Downtown Raleigh
- Summer Camps are for High School students (9th – 12th grade)