An Interdisciplinary Studies major builds career and life skills by teaching you to become a thinker and a learner as you dig into critical issues facing society. If you have a passion for learning in all forms, the Interdisciplinary Studies major at William Peace University allows you to build your own curriculum to match your specific goals and interests. A multi-disciplinary approach to the subject matter teaches you to ask questions, gather information and evaluate evidence.
Coursework will challenge you to delve into complex issues, confront moral problems, and better understand our world. Two critical thinking seminars are required, plus courses in English, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages, History, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Philosophy/Religion, and Social Sciences. You will also choose a minor or concentration, with concentrations being the more flexible of the two options.
Interdisciplinary Studies is a multi-disciplinary field of study that prepares students for a truly broad range of career opportunities. Graduates go on to various careers in areas such as scientific research, hospitality management, technical recruitment, recreation administration and sales and marketing.
WPU Interdisciplinary Studies graduates have gone on to jobs such as:
- Scientist, GlaxoSmith Kline, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Student Liaison, New Horizon Computer Learning Center
- Vet Tech, CareFirst Animal Hospital at Grace Park
- Teacher, Bright Horizons
- Examiner, North Carolina Determination Services
- Pharmacy Tech, CVS Pharmacy
- Medical Laboratory Specialist, United States Army
- Human Resources Specialist, Rex Hospital
WPU graduates have also been accepted into the following programs:
- East Carolina University, Master of Arts in Teaching
- The American Film Institute Conservatory
- The University of North Carolina Greensboro, Master’s in Therapeutic Recreation
- Campbell University School of Law
- Regent University, School of Divinity