Announcing the 2021 Bingham Award for Campus Excellence Winners
It is without a doubt that the faculty and staff at William Peace University truly make the WPU experience exemplary. Each day, through their daily work in departments across our campus, WPU employees give much of themselves to benefit our institution and our students while owning a vital role in moving the entire community forward.
The past three years have certainly shown the importance and strength of our faculty and staff and it’s an honor to announce this year’s recipients.
Bingham Award for Campus Excellence Award History
Former Peace College President, Laura Carpenter Bingham ’77 (1998-2010), along with former First Man Warren Louis Bingham, experienced firsthand the dedication exhibited by Peace faculty and staff. And it was the Binghams’ belief that the talents and resolve of university employees determine the excellence of the institution and, as such, these faculty and staff are the soul and spirit of Peace.
As a result of the Binghams’ passion and generosity, the two established the Bingham Award for Excellence Endowment Fund in December 2005. Today, this honor continues the tradition of awarding WPU employees in recognition of their meritorious performance in serving students, alumni, benefactors, and the greater civic good.
Nominations are submitted by fellow faculty and staff based on traits of excellence in their colleagues’ work at the University. Employees are nominated in the categories of Customer Service, Efficiency and Innovation, Civic Engagement and the Spirit of Peace.
2021 Award Winners
There were many deserving WPU employees nominated for this honor in 2021; but ultimately, after deliberation among President Brian Ralph, Ph.D. and the WPU Senior Leadership Team, nine members of the WPU community were presented with the award during the University’s Virtual Spring Campus Opening.
The 2021 Bingham Award for Campus Excellence recipients include:
- Ellie Barker, M.A., Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving (Awarded for Customer Service, Efficiency & Innovation)
- Jenny D’Amato, Administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs (Awarded for Customer Service)
- Jill Gattone, RN, M.Ed., University Nurse (Awarded for Customer Service)
- Josh Hawkins, MBA, Human Resources Consultant (Awarded for Customer Service)
- Jaquan Holley, Technical Support Analyst (Awarded for Customer Service, Efficiency & Innovation)
- Mindy McDowell, LCMHCA, Assistant Director of Counseling and Disability Services (Awarded for Efficiency & Innovation, Spirit of Peace)
- Ozzy Peralta, Director of Athletic Communications, Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach, Men’s Soccer Recruiting Coordinator (Awarded for Customer Service)
- Annie Price, Director of Advancement Services (Awarded for Efficiency & Innovation, Spirit of Peace)
- Robin Vincent, M.Ed., Associate Professor of Education (Awarded for Spirit of Peace)
On behalf of the entire William Peace University community, congratulations to each of this year’s award recipients. We are grateful for all that you contribute to the success of our University and our students.