William Peace University Expands Mental Health Resources through TimelyCare
William Peace University (WPU) has partnered with TimelyCare, the premier virtual health and well-being solution in higher education, to offer students free and equitable access to mental health support and medical care.
TimelyCare is a 24/7 virtual extension of campus health and counseling center resources to improve student well-being, engagement, and retention. Through TimelyCare on their phone or other devices, WPU students can now select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed physicians and counselors in all 50 states – at no cost and without the hassle of traditional insurance – including:
- On-demand and appointment-based medical care
- On-demand mental health and emotional support (TalkNow)
- Appointment-based mental health counseling (up to 12 visits each academic year)
- Psychiatric support
- Health Coaching
- Care Navigation
- Peer support community
- Digital self-care content
“WPU’s partnership with TimelyCare shows the university’s commitment to students’ physical and mental health. TimelyCare is easy to access once you create an account and is immediately available” Said Alicia Wiggins, WPU Director of Counseling. “More importantly, it is a convenient campus resource during breaks, weekends and after hours when the university is closed. Adding TimelyCare as a resource increases the reach of the Wellness Center with licensed counseling and medical professionals being available 24/7.”
The partnership with TimelyCare enables WPU to deliver a hybrid model of care in collaboration with on-campus resources via the University’s Wellness Center.
“There is no greater priority than the health and safety of our students,” said Frank Rizzo, vice president of Student Life. “TimelyCare’s ease of use, convenience, and immediacy makes it easier than ever for our students to get on-demand support. We’re thrilled to enhance our campus resources by making care more readily available to students when needed, limiting the spread of illness, reducing the stigma of mental health issues, and granting peace of mind to students and their families.”
Benefits to students include:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Physical and mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours. TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, more than 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after regular business hours or on weekends.
- Diverse provider network – TimelyCare’s diverse and culturally responsive provider network reflects and is proud to serve students who embody diversity in race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, age, religion and worldview, language, health, ability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic and immigration status, and more. More than half of mental health providers identify as BIPOC. The platform also offers professionals who identify as LGBTQIA+, and speak multiple languages along with translation services to support more than 240 languages. Students scheduling services can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, URAC-accredited, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows campus-specific protocols to facilitate care coordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of care. Integrations with leading learning management systems ensure students have even more on-ramps to in-the-moment support whenever needed.
The need for 24/7 access to high-quality care has never been more important. According to the American Council on Education, student mental health is the top concern of college and university presidents. It’s also the number one reason students leave college. A recent report by Gallup and the Lumina Foundation found that 69% of undergraduate students and 55% of associate degree students considered quitting school due to personal mental health reasons in the last six months. Three out of four students using TimelyCare report mental health improvements, including 100% of those presenting as a potential suicide risk.
Half of all students who have sought mental health support through TimelyCare said they would have done nothing if the service were not available. Founded in 2017, TimelyCare is trusted to serve more than two million students at 300 campuses nationwide.