WPU Honors Graduates, Issues Awards at 2023 Commencement Ceremony
William Peace University recently celebrated its 151st Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 6, 2023.
Donald Thompson, a CEO, speaker, investor, advisor, entrepreneur, and executive coach, delivered the commencement address to the 168 traditional and School of Professional Studies graduates who donned their caps and gowns. 193 students were eligible to participate in the ceremony. Thompson also received an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Humanities.
The Student Speakers at this year’s commencement ceremony were the traditional Undergraduate recipient, Victoria Guloy-Finklea, and the School of Professional Studies recipient, Larissa Brito.
2023 Honorary Degree Recipients
This year, WPU awarded additional honorary doctoral degrees to the following:
- Garrett Briggs, Ph.D.
- S. David Frazier, Ph.D.
- Ed McLeod, D.Min.
- The Katherine Bryan Sloan Graham Award – Shelby Noel Cooper, Jr., B.A., Education
- The Outstanding Graduate Award – TUG Graduate – Kiera Renee Williams, B.S. Biology, SPS Graduate – Dalton Cain Batten, B.A. Strategic Communication
- McCormick Distinguished Teaching Award – Sandra Holsonback, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Business
- Alumni Distinguished Advising Award – First-Year Advisor – Ruth Reece, M.A., Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Major Advisor – Betty Witcher, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Department Chair of Psychology and Business
- The Part-Time Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award – TUG Recipient – Karey Wall, M.A. Instructor of Anthropology, SPS Recipient – Lisa Llewellyn, M.S.A., Instructor of Education
To watch Commencement in its entirety, visit the University’s YouTube channel to view the recorded live stream of the event. For more University information and news, please visit www.peace.edu/news.