OverviewTurn your passion for teaching into a career.
Whether you’re finishing or starting a degree, these programs offer an ideal fit for your future.Because our online Elementary Education degree has been designed with working adults like you in mind. Choose between tracks in elementary and blended elementary/special education. You’ll learn the basic principles guiding education, as well as the challenges and possibilities set forth for the future of K-12 learning.
Yet our professors go beyond this foundation of practical knowledge, pushing students to develop skills in organization and strategy. The program also offers extensive field experiences (like our TA to Teacher program), ensuring that you’re a well-rounded candidate for employment upon graduation.
The education major was specifically designed with help from the Wake County Public School System — people who understand what teachers need to know and the skills they need to master. WPU’s program is unique since it is a “blended” program where students earn licensure in both elementary education (K-6) and in Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12).
Recent employment by education majors:
- CCR Teacher, Wake County Public Schools
- 4th Grade Teacher, Wake County Public Schools
- Special Education Teacher, Johnston County Public Schools
- 6th Grade Integrated Language Arts Teacher, St. Mary’s Catholic High School, VA
- Occupational Course of Study Teacher, Wilson County Schools
- ASD Teacher, Osceola County School District
- Exceptional Children’s Resource Teacher, Zeb Vance Elementary School
- 5th Grade Teacher, Millbrook Elementary Magnet School
Recent graduate school acceptances:
- East Carolina University, Special Education
- Hawaii Pacific University, Social Work