Built for you.
Our online Liberal Studies program is the perfect fit for returning and adult students seeking to personally shape their educational experience. You will have the unique chance to build your own curriculum to match both your skills and your personal or career goals.
You’ll sharpen your ability to gather and evaluate evidence. Learn to solve tough problems across a range of disciplines by simply asking the right questions.
Classes are designed to challenge you to think independently. You’ll choose a concentration from a diverse spectrum of coursework (Math, History, Fine Arts, English, Social Sciences and on)–or perhaps shape a hybrid all your own. The end result is a degree that puts you on a fast track to a better future.
Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary field of study that prepares students for a truly broad range of career opportunities. It combines the methods and insights of the humanities, natural sciences and social sciences and stresses understanding of concepts, rational analysis, imagination and communication. Graduates go on to various careers in areas such as scientific research, hospitality management, technical recruitment, recreation administration and sales and marketing.
Recent internships include:
- North Carolina Museum of History
- Wake County Literacy Council
- Rex Hospital
- American Diabetes Association
- United States Forest Service
- North Carolina Office of State Archaeology
- North Carolina Governor’s Office
Recent employment by liberal studies majors:
- Scientist, GlaxoSmith Kline, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Student Liaison, New Horizon Computer Learning Center
- Vet Tech, CareFirst Animal Hospital at Grace Park
- Teacher, Bright Horizons
- Examiner, North Carolina Determination Services
- Pharmacy Tech, CVS Pharmacy
- Medical Laboratory Specialist, United States Army
- Human Resources Specialist, Rex Hospital
Recent graduate school acceptances:
- East Carolina University, Master of Arts in Teaching
- The American Film Institute Conservatory
- The University of North Carolina Greensboro, Master’s in Therapeutic Recreation
- Campbell University School of Law
- Regent University, School of Divinity