As a WPU student, you’re just a short walk from the state capitol, museums, music halls, restaurants and cafes, theaters and nightlife – and more outside-the-classroom learning opportunities than you can imagine.
Technically, our campus is 21 acres, although it feels bigger. Surrounded by beautiful oak trees in a park-like setting, Peace is an historic landmark in downtown Raleigh. To familiarize yourself with the neighborhood and the surrounding areas, you might want to download the Go Downtown Raleigh app.
Happening in Raleigh
- 04/14/2018 to 04/29/2018 -
Come alongside Huckleberry Finn and his friend Tom Sawyer as they find themselves knee-deep in adventure, shenanigans and Mississippi mud! This show features a variety of audience participation
- 04/22/2018 to 04/22/2018 -
This Classical Music Series performance will feature Morgan Butzow and Chrissy Ricker on Piano.
- 04/22/2018 to 04/22/2018 -
Anderson East will be performing live with Mt. Joy at the Lincoln Theatre.
Every inch of Raleigh is easily accessible from WPU. The R-Line, a free downtown bus service with stops on campus, connects you to restaurants, retail and entertainment venues, museums and hotels. The Amtrak train station is less than two miles from campus (and offers a 15% college student discount), RDU International Airport is 20 minutes by car, and it’s an easy drive from WPU to a whole range of places along the Atlantic seaboard and I-95 corridor.
The other cities in the Research Triangle, Durham and Chapel Hill, are just about a half hour’s drive. For an easy day trip or weekend getaway, the mountains and Atlantic beaches are within a three-hour drive.
You might begin exploring the neighborhood adjacent to campus by heading to Seaboard Station, right on Peace Street. Seaboard features unique specialty shops, a full-service grocery (coming soon!), a fitness center and plenty of options for dining.
- RetailYou can enjoy exceptional shopping in any part of the city, from Triangle Town Center and Crabtree Valley Mall to the exclusive shops and boutiques of Cameron Village. While these shopping areas have excellent food options, your choices are nearly limitless.
- DiningThe burgeoning Raleigh food scene makes finding great dining options a snap. With 1,200 restaurants of all shapes and sizes in the area, you might want to begin by searching the Visit Raleigh online restaurant guide.
- Fun ActivitiesHave some free time? Raleigh boasts world-class museums, professional baseball, NHL hockey and every genre of live music – and that’s just the beginning. When it comes to area events, cultural and leisure activities, we suggest starting with that same source. Visit Raleigh compiles a huge list of things to do in and around town, so there truly is something for everyone.
“Skip Lollapalozza and head to Hopscotch.”
140 bands. 12 venues.
Quickly turning into one of the biggest, eclectic music festivals in the country – with artists such as Big Boi, The Flaming Lips, Gary Clark Jr., Young Thug, and more – Hopscotch is a fuse of music and design over four days across downtown Raleigh.
Downtown Raleigh could soon have a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise, with a state-of-the-art facility just steps away from the William Peace University campus.
North Carolina Football Club (NCFC) has announced detailed plans for a proposed mixed-use community featuring an entertainment, sports and athletics venue.