According to her students, Dr. Kusko is “awesome.”
Dr. Kusko’s teachings specialize in American government, politics, and policy. She’s originally from the Pennsylvania countryside and currently resides in Raleigh with her family, and is the proud mother of a dog and new baby girl, JoJo! Her favorite hobbies include hanging out with the fam, running, reading, Pinterest, and Netflix. She also loves the local restaurant J. Betskis, which is just around the corner from campus!
“I love the students at WPU!”
- BA Psychology, Political Science, and International Studies, Shippensburg University
- MA Political Science, Miami University
- DA Political Science, Idaho State University
Activities & Honors
- WPU Faculty Advisor: College Republicans, College Democrats, and the Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- American Political Science Association
- American Association of University Women
- Golden Key International Collegiate Honors Society
- Phi Kappa Phi National Collegiate Honors Society
- Psi Chi National Psychology Collegiate Honors Society.
Research & Publications
Dr. Kusko’s primary research interest centers around narratives and their influence within and upon American politics and policy. This overarching focus, called the Narrative Policy Framework, has led her to be involved in projects analyzing American foreign policy in Central America, obesity policies, and recycling policies, each of which has been published in various political science and policy oriented journals. She most recently published a chapter for an American Government textbook entitled “New Media.”