Jodi Stamey is responsible for providing leadership, planning and implementation of the University’s advancement efforts including donor identification, cultivation, and management strategies. Additionally, she is responsible for leading a department that focuses on the generation of contacts both inside and outside the WPU community, in addition to connecting with alumni and building alumni support, as well as pursuing corporate, community, and institutional partnerships throughout the region and country.
Since joining WPU in 2016, the Advancement team increased the number of individual alumni donors by nearly 47%. In addition, the team exceeded their attendance goals at regional alumni events by 112%. Under Stamey’s leadership, the University has also seen faculty and staff giving totals at its highest in more than five years. WPU faculty and staff are also recruiting and hosting alumni through on-campus events to initiate and deepen their engagement with the university.
In 2018, Stamey was named one of the 2018 Triangle Business Journal’s prestigious 40 Under 40 Leadership Award recipients. The award honors the brightest, most promising young business people under the age of 40 in the Triangle.
Stamey is an experienced leader with more than 15 years in higher education administration, strategic planning, and fundraising. Prior to WPU, she served as the Director of International and External Relations for Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) in St. Kitts.
Stamey has held several positions at Campbell University, where she spent more than seven years at Campbell University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, leading the external relations efforts where she increased alumni giving by more than 300% in three-years.
Stamey earned her MBA from Campbell University, and her BA in Communication from North Carolina State University and she continues to support both of her alma maters as a dedicated alumni donor. She became a Certified Fund Raising Executive in 2009.
“I can feel the passion for WPU from the faculty, staff, alumni and its students as I walk through the campus. I believe it’s contagious.”
- BA Communications, North Carolina State University
- MBA, Campbell University
Activities & Honors
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, 2009
- Professional Memberships: Council for Advancement & Support of Education (CASE. International Association of Business Communicators, NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Public Relations Society of America, Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Board of Directors, Association of Veterinary Advancement Professionals, 2014-2016
- Fundraising Committee, St. Christopher Children’s Home, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Board of Directors & Awards Chair, CASE District III, 2009-2011
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Development & Communications Special Interest Group
- President, NC State University Communication Alumni Circle Board of Advisors, NC State Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, Raleigh Public Relations Society
- Institutional Research Board, Campbell University
- Ron Taylor Award Recipient, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- Honorary Life Membership Award, NC DECA, 2007
- Service Award, NC State Communication Alumni Circle, 2006
- 2004 Gold Winner & 2006 Silver Winner, Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Excellence in Communication
- 2000 National Presidential Service Award & 1999 Spring Leadership Award, PRSSA
- NC Governor James B. Hunt Young Citizen Award for Leadership and Citizenship, 1996
- 1996-1997 State President and 1995-1996 State Vice President, NC DECA