Roger is originally from New York, but has called North Carolina home for 30 years. He is an avid learner, having channeled that interest through creating and studying documentaries. He is currently working on a documentary about the Lacandones of Chiapas, Mexico, where he has spent several weeks filming. He has an extensive background in documenting for the U.S. Army as well. During his service, he documented atomic bomb testing, space shuttle missions, the Strategic Defense Initiative Program – “Star Wars”, multiple missile systems, Special Forces, and the Grand Tetons Mountain Rescue Team.
Roger has also created numerous media productions for UNC Hospitals, National programming for Kohl’s and JC Penny’s Department stores, The Pantry, Charles & Colvard and AER Controls. He’s also created award-winning programs for I.B.M., Ford Motor Company, McDonalds, Glaxo Smith Kline, BB&T, Duke Energy and others. Roger’s favorite Raleigh restaurant is the historic Angus Barn. When he’s not teaching or producing, he enjoys travelling, hiking, and skiing.
“What I love most about WPU is knowing that our students and graduates are becoming significant contributors in the communities they work and live in.”
Activities & Honors
- International Telly Awards (9)
- Communicator Crystal Awards (6)
- International Television Association Awards (4) as a Producer, Director, Camera Operator, Lighting Director and Editor for Broadcast, Corporate and Educational programming
Research & Publications
- Director and Camera operator for programs nationally and internationally broadcast for ABC news, Nightline, Animal Planet Network, TLC – The learning Channel, PBS, Home and Garden TV, and Ivanhoe Broadcast News Co.
- Lighting Director for White House Communications Agency, Presidential Inaugural Committee, Obama for America Campaign, NC Gubernatorial Inauguration and the Kerry/Edwards Presidential Campaign