Ruth grew up in Winston-Salem, NC, and then graduated undergraduate and graduate programs at Appalachian State University. She earned AG certification at Lenior Rhyne College. Ruth taught 38 years in public high schools in Greensboro, Statesville, Wilmington, and Raleigh. For the last five years she has been an adjunct teaching Mathematics at WPU.
Ruth is married with two married children and two grandsons. Her hobbies are being a grandmother to her grandsons, reading, and crafts. Ruth and her husband are busy raising a new labradoodle puppy.
“I love WPU’s frendly, family spirit.”
- BS, Appalachian State University
- MA, Appalachian State University
Activities & Honors
- Former National Board Certified Teacher
- AP Statistics Table Leader
- Consultant for AP Statistics to VASS (Virginia Advanced Studies Strategies, Inc.)
Research & Publications
- Reviewer, Barons AP Statistics Review, 6th Edition