By learning the methodology and principles of psychology, students can examine human behavior, thoughts, feelings, and interactions. As a Psychology major at William Peace University, you will learn about the inner workings of the brain and personality, perception, thinking, and social interaction. This knowledge is an asset in virtually any field, from medicine to business to law.
In WPU’s Psychology degree program, you develop effective listening, observing, analyzing, and interpreting skills. WPU also teaches students the importance of ethical practice, showing concern for others, and critical and inferential thinking. In addition, opportunities for hands-on research will provide valuable real-world experience and help you develop a truly unique perspective on society. Our curriculum is outcome-focused, preparing students for positions in social work, counseling, psychology, and other non-major-specific careers.
In WPU’s Psychology program, you can concentrate in one of four areas based on your interests and career goals:
- Allied Health
- Business and Marketing
- Clinical and Counseling
View the Academic Catalog to see courses in Psychology.
Graduates go on to various careers in areas such as pharmaceutical sales, social work, life skills training, community relations, clinical psychology, and sports psychology. Others move on to fields such as marketing and business.
WPU psychology graduates have gone on to jobs such as:
- Child Caseworker, Family Alternatives
- Customer Services Representative, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Teacher, The Mariposa School
- Disability Determination Specialist, Social Security Administration, Disability Determination Services
- Social Worker, Person County
- Community Employment Specialist, Blue Ridge Center
- Relationship Consultant, Allscripts
- Assistant Camp Director, Girl Scouts of North Carolina Coastal Pines
- Site Director, Cary Family YMCA
Graduates have also been accepted into the following programs:
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law
- North Carolina Central University School of Counseling
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington School of Social Work
- North Carolina State University School of Counseling
- East Carolina University School of Psychology, School Counseling and Social Work
- University of Tennessee, Sports Psychology
- Case Western Reserve, Social Work
- Aerial photo of the fountain and Main building.