Grid Banners are stored in the system so that they can compiled for landing pages. When a Grid Banner is chosen, it will override the Video Banner and Banner Image on the page if one was selected. It is critical select the right combination of images in order to achieve a good balance and present the right tone to site visitors.
Adding and Editing
From the WordPress dashboard, click Grid Banners in the left menu to bring up the full listing. To edit an existing entry, click its name in the list; to add a new entry, click Add New at the top of the page. Once a Grid Banner is created, you can assign it to a page by editing the page, scrolling down to the More Fields section under the page editor, then selecting the item from the Grid Banner drop-down. Crop images and upload them to WordPress by following the guidelines on the image sizes chart.
- Main Image – This image should be high-quality and present a wide-angle view.
- Wide Image – Consider a group or small group image
- Block Image 1 – Consider an individual face
- Block Image 2 – Consider landscape, a building or artifact
- Text – Limit to less than 20 words.
- Title: only used within the WordPress admin interface to identify and select
- Wide Image – Link: optionally link the image
- Wide Image – Text: text to appear on hover if image is linked
- Wide Image – Color: the text block color if linked
- Block Image 1 – Link: optionally link the image
- Block Image 1 – Text: text to appear on hover if image is linked
- Block Image 1 – Color: the text block color if linked
- Block Image 2 – Link: optionally link the image
- Block Image 2 – Text: text to appear on hover if image is linked
- Block Image 2 – Color: the text block color if linked