News stories appear on the homepage, news and events landing page and as individual news pages. Each story must be tagged with topics in order for news to be able to be filtered. A feed of recent news stories can be placed on pages using the Recent News component.
Adding and Editing News Stories
From the WordPress dashboard, click News in the left menu to bring up the full listing. To edit an existing entry, click its name in the list; to add a new entry, click Add New at the top of the page.
- Title: the title of the News item
- Content: the full description of the News item
- Short Description: the short description of the News item to appear on the List view
- Image: the image for the News item to appear on the List view and Recent News component
- Video Embed Code: embed code for a video from YouTube
- Topics: to categorize the News items
- Related Program: tag News items by Program so that they will appear dynamically on the Program pages, if enabled on the Program