A row component which allows you to embed feeds from Flickr, Instagram, and/or Twitter. If multiple feeds are entered, the component will be shown as tabs.
- Add a new Visual Composer element and select Social Media Row
- For Flickr, enter the user ID for the Flickr account (example: 148532408@N06). This can be easily found in the URL on the Flickr page for the user.
- For Twitter, enter the Twitter handle for the desired account to display.
- For Instagram, enter in a developer access token for the account. This needs to be registered on Instagram’s developer site. Follow the steps below to register for an access token:
- Log into https://www.instagram.com/developer/
- Click on Register Your Application
- Your Website: www.peace.edu
Description: to pull Instagram feed onto WPU website
- Submit the form
- Click Manage Clients
- Click Register a New Client
- Application Name: WPU Website
Description: To pull instagram feed onto Peace website
Website URL: www.peace.edu
Valid redirects URIs: peace.edu
- Click on the Manage button by your client that was just registered
- Under the security tab, uncheck
- Copy the Client ID
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser while replacing the [CLIENT_ID_HERE] block with the Client ID from step 10: https://instagram.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=[CLIENT_ID_HERE]&redirect_uri=http://www.peace.edu&response_type=token&scope=public_content
- The address bar in the browser should have a URL parameter called access_token, copy and paste that value
- This is the token to enter into the CMS
- Do not visit the URL from steps above again because it will reset the access token