Your path starts here.
Digital marketing is woven into almost every element of our modern lives–which translates to more and more opportunities for you in this field. Our Strategic Communications Degree is a critical first step. This program will help you understand what it means to be a communicator in the digital age.
Our Strategic Communications program has been re-imagined to fit the needs of our adult students–specifically designed to prepare you to thrive in an administrative role within Public Relations, Marketing, Promotions, Social Media and Advertising. Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Strategic techniques in creating effective messaging for specific audiences
- Best practices for digital communication methods, with an emphasis on social media outreach
- How to identify and target your audience for business, public service and non-profit organizations
- Cutting-edge information about digital and social media marketing campaigns to reach an ever-growing global market
- How to build a professional portfolio designed to reflect your expertise with projects relevant to your current industry or desired career
- How to increase your administrative and communications-focused employment opportunities
The courses listed below are for the Academic Catalog and are subject to change. Please reference the Academic Catalog for further information and course descriptions.
Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication (SPS)
36 CREDIT HOURS
COM 200: Media and Culture COM 230: Media Writing COM 240: Introduction to Public Relations COM 300: Communication Research COM 311: Interactive and Social Media COM 340: Public Relations Techniques COM 410: International Communication COM 465: Strategic Communication Campaigns COM 480: Communication Agency MKT 230: Marketing MKT 331: Advertising PSY 311: Cognitive Psychology or PSY 330: Social Psychology Liberal Education Core Requirements 50 credit hours General Electives 34 credit hours Total Credit Hours for Bachelor of Arts in Strategic
120 credit hours
A major in Strategic Communication helps prepare you for the following jobs:
- Public Relations Specialist
- Communications Manager
- Social Media Director
- Event Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Development Director
- Digital Marketing Specialist