Don’t let our small size fool you – you won’t find a more active community than ours.
There’s no shortage of ways to fill your time outside the classroom at Peace, whether you’re interested in learning, serving, broadening your horizons or just having fun.
From one-day events to membership organizations, to team sports – we’ve got you covered and then some.
- The Peace TimesThe Peace Times is WPU’s student newspaper. Students create and write all content with advising from a faculty member.
- Community ServiceCommunity service is an important part of WPU. Our students, faculty and staff are active in our community, the city of Raleigh, and the world beyond.
- Pacer Athletics#GoPeacePacers
Athletics are an important part of college life, and WPU is certainly no exception. We compete for championships on and off the field.
WPU is a member of the USA South Athletic Conference of the NCAA Division III, fielding 18 teams in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s golf, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, men’s and women’s tennis and volleyball. Whether you’re ready to play or want to cheer on from the sidelines, there’s a spot for you at WPU.
- Calendar of EventsRegistered Student Organizations, Student Life, and many others organize regular events and activities from holiday parties to cleanups to book clubs. Check out what fun is coming up on campus.
- ShowcaseTwice a year, third- and fourth-year students share their research, work, ideas, and internships in an event called Showcase. There are no classes on Showcase day; instead, all students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to attend and learn from our amazing students. The content varies based on what students are doing, but often includes panels, presentations, musical performances and more. Examples include:
- Video games and a VR tour
- A presentation on theatre audition techniques
- A debate
- Psychology and biology research
- Readings from PRISM, the campus literary magazine
- Campus TraditionsWPU has many traditions and annual events each year, including:
- Welcome Week – Each semester we welcome back our Pacer community to campus with a packed schedule of fun, entertaining, and community-building events.
- Purpose@Peace – The Purpose@Peace Student Engagement Fair brings together academic majors, registered student organizations, community service opportunities and part-time job and internship opportunities under one event.
- Traditions Dinner – Traditions Dinner, held in September, recognizes our past as Peace College in a special way. Faculty, staff, and administrators volunteer to provide a full-service dining experience to the Pacer community with an elevated, plated meal.
- Pacer Pride Fridays – Pacer Pride Fridays encourages students to show their school pride through their apparel each Friday.
- Holiday Celebration/Tree Lighting – The event includes a holiday dinner in the Belk Dining Hall, the Moravian Love Feast service in the Dinwiddie Chapel, the Lighting of Main Lawn, ending with a holiday tree and a hot cocoa bar and desserts.
- Late Night Breakfast – Held each semester during finals week, Late Night Breakfast brings together over 300 Pacers for an event to destress and enjoy a favorite – breakfast for dinner.
- MLK Day of Service – MLK Day of Service is WPU’s largest community service event. Past community partners have included Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, Salvation Army and Urban Ministries.
- Red Rose Ball – Decked in formal wear based on your unique style at a location in our beautiful city of Raleigh, this event is filled with live music, elevated food and a photo booth to commemorate the event.
- Student Leadership Awards Ceremony – We recognize WPU student leaders for their achievements in academic and student life involvement, registered student organizations for their hard work to build community on campus.
- LDOC Festival – The event is filled with an exciting barbecue dinner, dessert food trucks, inflatables, caricature artists, live music, carnival games from departments and student organizations, a photo booth and so much more.