William Peace University is pleased and proud to present and honor our graduates each year. WPU holds one commencement ceremony in May to honor all graduates from that academic year.
Commencement: 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 6, 2023
Baccalaureate: 3:30 p.m. Friday, May 5, 2023
Students must apply to graduate. Applications are now open.
- September 2, 2022 – Students who will complete their degree requirements in December must submit their Graduation Application by Sept. 2. There is no commencement ceremony in December.
- November 23, 2022 – Students who will complete their degree requirements in May must submit their application by Nov. 23.
- Graduation Application forms are available upon request in the Office of the Registrar:
- Paper forms – In person in the Office of the Registrar – Main 108
- Electronic forms (Fillable PDF) – send an email request
Checklist for Graduating Students
September – November
- Apply to graduate. You may pick up a Graduation Application in the Office of the Registrar.
- Once you have applied, a complete degree evaluation will be processed by the Registrar’s Office staff to determine whether or not you are on track to graduate.
- You should regularly visit Degree Audit and meet with your Advisor to confirm that all of your courses are meeting the appropriate degree requirements.
- Register for the courses needed to complete your degree during spring registration for classes. Verify that with your spring courses, you have completed all degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements.
- Check Degree Audit and check in with your Advisor to verify progress toward graduation requirements. Contact the Office of the University Registrar with any questions about status.
- Check the Commencement website for up-to-date information and direct your family to the website.
- Pay fines or other financial debts on your student account. Your account must be cleared before graduation.
- You’ll receive information about cap and gown pickup via email from the Registrar’s Office. Please keep an eye out.
- Other informational emails will be sent from the University. Read these carefully and respond appropriately.