Greeting Class of 2022,
We are planning our 2022 commencement ceremonies. Check back here for more details. For now, mark your calendars:
3:30 p.m. Friday, May 6
COMMENCEMENT | #WPUGRAD2022
9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 7 | University Main Lawn
Info for Graduates
- RegaliaCheck back soon for updates on ordering regalia.
Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your DiplomaThe Office of the Registrar orders diplomas so that Latin Honors are properly reflected on the diploma. Diplomas are mailed to your preferred address after all of your degree requirements are met (conferral) and balances are paid. If you have not received your diploma by August 1 please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. The diploma includes the graduate’s full name, degree as well as academic distinctions (cum laude, magna cum laude and summa cum laude) as applicable.
Diplomas are 8.8 x 11” and are printed on high-quality paper.
- Checklist for Graduating Students
October – November
- Apply to graduate. You may pick up a Graduation Application in the Office of the Registrar
- Once you have applied, a complete degree evaluation will be processed by staff in the Registrar’s Office to determine whether or not you are on track to graduate in May.
- You should regularly visit Degree Audit and meet with your Advisor to confirm that all of your courses are meeting the appropriate degree requirements.
- Register for the courses needed to complete your degree during spring registration for classes. Verify that with your spring courses, you have completed all degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements.
- Check Degree Audit and check in with your Advisor to verify progress toward graduation requirements. Contact the Office of the University Registrar with any questions about status.
- Check the Commencement website for up-to-date information and direct your family to the website.
- Attend Graduate Fair. This will be your opportunity to order cap, gown & tassel (available only as a package). Students can also order graduation announcements, class rings and diploma frames. Representatives from various University Offices will be available to answer questions. You will be asked to check the name to be placed on your diploma and your diploma’s shipping address for correctness. More information to come.
- Pay fines or other financial debts on your student account. Your account must be cleared before graduation.
- Informational emails including Commencement survey will be sent from the University. Read these carefully and respond appropriately.
- Commencement General FAQs
- Commencement Day FAQs
- Baccalaureate Ceremony FAQs
Info for Parents + Weekend Guests
- Ceremony ProgramsPrograms will be available around Main Lawn before and during the ceremony.
- Hotel ArrangementsContact information for preferred hotels can be found on www.godowntownraleigh.com. When you contact a hotel, let the hotel associate know that you will be attending the William Peace University graduation. Many hotels have set aside a block of rooms for graduation guests.
- ParkingFor detailed information on parking, please explore our digital campus map.
- Guests with Special NeedsSpecial Needs parking spaces will be available in the 15 East Peace Street, Main parking lot. Please contact the Office of Disability Services for these special requests: MAJohn@peace.edu.
- Professional PhotographsA professional from Photo Specialties will photograph each graduate as he or she crosses the stage during commencement. Photo Specialties will send free color proofs and ordering instructions to each graduate’s email and permanent mailing address. If graduates do not receive this link or need additional information about ordering photos, they should contact Photo Specialties at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.967.9576.
- Checklist for Parents of Graduating Students
- Remind your student to apply to graduate by the deadline. The graduate should also consult his or her degree evaluation on MyPacerNet to verify progress toward graduation requirements
- Make hotel reservations. Contact information for preferred hotels can be found on godowntownraleigh.com. When you contact a hotel, let the hotel associate know that you will be attending the William Peace University graduation. Many hotels have set aside a block of rooms for graduation guests
- Read through all Commencement information on our website.
- Ceremonies will be held rain or shine. Graduation exercises will be held outside on Main Lawn and temperatures can vary, please plan accordingly.